La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown
US$182
US$178
US$171
US$167
All reviewsroom was cleandiscovery parkpark flyamerican rivershuttle servicenice breakfastyogurtold townairport shuttleeasy accessthird floorone night stayfree breakfaststanleydowntownfreewaypets
Reviewed 29 December 2011

If you are traveling with a dog in Sac this is a fantastic deal. No pet fee. Rooms were very clean and nice. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. Lots of travelers passing through so the morning was noisy but for the price this was a great value.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here before flying out of Sacto. Beautiful place, quiet, friendly. Good deal, and triple A discount, too!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I'm a frequent flyer at LaQuinta's. This one disappointed a bit. I think it may be a re-done motel 6. Outside entrances to the rooms. I didn't find the surrounding areas, walkways etc very clean. Just two doors down from us there was a big sticky spill and a couple of beer bottle caps that didn't look new. When I checked the room for bed bugs (there were none) I noticed the carpet was pulled off the wall, and there was a lot of hair on the bed skirt. Normally I wouldn't have noticed that but since I was pulling up all the bedding and mattress I couldn't help but notice it. The carpet was pulled away from the wall in several places in the room and it was ripped near the bathroom. The room was clean, we stayed in a king suite with a pull out sofa, and it was clean overall in the spots that counted (bathroom, bed etc). The chairs in the room were quite dirty on the arms. the breakfast was normal fare at LaQuinta's, some are better, some are worse, this was average. No issues with staff. The price was fair for a Friday last minute reservation. I would stay again if I had the need.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We are regular patrons of La Quinta Inns and are usually satisfied with the quality, but we were somewhat let down by this property. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean enough, but a little cramped. The shower was alternately hot and cold. There was free wi-fi, and it worked. We've come to expect a mini-fridge and microwave at La Quinta, so we were quite disappointed by the lack of both in this room. The breakfast room was overcrowded and chaotic, with the standard, minimal offerings. I doubt we will return to this motel the next time we're in Sacramento.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The Bad:

1. Wifi was bad in the room and common area...staffer Francis gave a great effort to improve the service, but it was slow, sometimes did not work at all...very inconvenient if needing to do business while at the hotel.

2. Manager named Chad lied to me about not having a boss to report to, and refused to provide phone #'s or names of superiors to seek resolution to challenges created by Chad. Chad tried to lie about not having a local general manager that he actually reported to, and claimed that there was no Corporate office that he or anyone at the local hotel had to report to...it appeared that he would lie as much as he needed to, in order to not be held accountable.

This was frustrating...it took a lot of effort to seek assistance at the Corporate level....I had to seek a number of people to finally reach a Regional Vice President named Adam. Adam satisfied my concerns, however, the organization simply had a lack of empowered staff available by phone if complaints about local staff exist. Most of the staff was pleasant...the manager Chad acted childishly and created a loud scene when I approached him about my concerns...frankly, he acted like an immature teen by raising his voice and using very inappropriate facial and body expressions...other than being amused by such a display, I found the display to be way out of line...completly the opposite of the great service provided by the staffer named Francis.

3. The free breakfast was not nutritious...but, given the price of the hotel, I don't see how anyone could expect a good meal to be added for free...it was nice to have cofee, OJ and muffins or a waffle ready and free...but, don't think it will be nutritious.

The Good:

1. Price was awesome...roughly $65/night for two adults and our 17 year old pet/terrier dog....no pet deposit required.

2. The room was sort of small, but, the beds were better than most hotels I have stayed at that often charge $150 - $250 per night....just fabulous. The carpet was immaculate and new...had a fine modern flat screen tv with about 40 channels (ESPN, extra sports channels and movie channels)...the walls were immaculately painted...bathroom tiles, tub, commode - all modern and well maintained...there was nothing to complain about regarding the room we had for sure...especially for $65/night...very good value.

3. While being located near a freeway, the noise around the hotel and in the rooms was inconsequential.

4. The neighborhood was a bit seedy...walking around the hotel neighborhood at night would not be a good idea...but, we felt safe while on the premises.

Overall:

I would recommend the hotel as being cost effective and to have great beds...did I mention that there were great beds? :) To be candid, I don't know how they manage to keep the costs so low given that pets stay free. Just avoid Chad....who was a butt beyond belief. How a good organization could allow this fellow to represent them and lie to keep out of trouble short term, is unfortunately a black eye for the organization. I had concern that Chad would find a way to mess with our vehicle and other property and had concerns for the rest of the stay as a result as he had access to keys to our room...his lying was that bad.

Room Tip: Great question...this was the crux of my problem with Chad - he refused to assist us in seeking a room that we would find favorable...he flat refused to do this when I originally made our reservation by phone, and he refused to assist us by phone a few hours before we arrived at the site...I was concerned about getting a ground floor room that was as quiet as possible...a concern that I thought was reasonable due to the hotel's proximity to a major freeway. I was refused any consideration, and Chad the manager refused to provide other staff or management references so as to address my concern. If staff refuse to assist you by phone...insist that they allow you to talk to a superior who will help you. Upper management advised me that their staff should be helpful to those seeking particular accomodations.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank John M