See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

From the time I made the prepaid(or so I was told) reservation until checkout, this was a nightmare.
First: they assured me at the time the reservation was taken that it was pre-paid and charged to my credit card. They quoted a price and when arriving at the hotel was told it was not pre-paid and they charged a price well in excess of the quoted price by the reservation department. I showed them a copy of my bank statement which indicated two different prices from what my written reservation sad and after an hour on the phone with the reservation department no one could seem to find why my credit card was charged or why the difference in price from my reservation. To say the reservation supervisor, with whom I spoke, was less than competent would be a great understatement.

The two people at the desk at the hotel upon check-in were equally as incompetent and the desk clerk was extremely rude. She never addressed the problem, blamed the reservation department, and when charging for the room said there was an additional tax but had no idea why it was charged or what it was for only said well that’s what we charge when you check-in. It was not a large amount; but, I felt I should have an explanation of anything that is being charged and with the recent for it was when it is different than what I was told.

After, in excess, of an hour trying to sort the problem The desk clerk was not only rude and petulant; but, had the audacity to refer me to a manager who was not in attendance and and would not be in for three days.

Starwood has a market decline in their service, their professionalism, and their standard since being taken over and I will refrain from staying in the properties and have turn my attention to Hilton and other vendors.

I would not stay at this property again under any circumstances. It IS a horror house!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review detailing your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel, and we apologize for the many issues that you encountered. We have reviewed all of your comments as a management team, and each department head will formulate a plan to ensure that the risk of such issues occurring again is minimized. We apologize sincerely for not providing you with a better stay.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Since we had an early flight out we decided to find a place close to the Sacramento airport. The first hotel that came up on TripAdviser was Four Points. We where not dispointed. Very easy to find off of I-5 and there are plenty of places to eat close by. They do have a bar & restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch & dinner but it wasn't open when we checked in. Our room was perfect, large room with a king bed. The bed could of been a bit softer for me but my husband liked it, he slept for 10 hours! The room & bathroom where clean as well as the air conditioner filter. This hotel is part of Marriott so if you are a member points are awarded. The lobby, hallways, etc where all very clean. The walls seem to be a bit thicker than most as we could not hear the other guests except for the door slamming. No outside noise either we where on the 4th floor. Very easy check in and out, the employees that we encountered where all friendly and helpful. This place is only about 4 miles to the airport and if I-5 is backed up there is a back way to get to the airport that is only 5 minutes longer. Would definitely recommend this place and I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you staying with us recently, and taking the time to leave your review - it sounds as if our hotel was ideal for your needs. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, and that you would choose to stay at our property again in the future. We hope to welcome you back before long.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I have never had such horrible service. We booked our daughter there paid for the reservation. When she arrived they took her credit card d. They charged my credit card for more than the original amount. We spent 2 hours on the phone with a supervisor who was an idiot and then the hotel person who was rude and also an idiot. Do not stay there

Stayed: September 2018

Hi Marilyn, I am sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations of those that we strive to provide all of our guests. We, similarly to the vast majority of hotels throughout the world, secure a deposit upon check-in in the form of a "hold" over funds in a bank account, which is released at check-out once all charges have been paid. This appears to be what happened when your daughter checked in, and we are sorry that this was not made clear to her. We are very sorry that this was not dealt with in the professional, courteous service that we are known for, and we will ensure that your comments are addressed appropriately with the relevant personnel. We are sorry that we did not provide your daughter with a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Nice 2 day stay at the Sheraton near the Sacramento Airport. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed 2 nights of restful sleep even though the hotel was busy and oversold with at least 2 different groups. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful as they’ve always been during past stays. The gym was slightly below expectations because one of the 3 aerobic exercise machines (Elliptical) was inoperative leaving only 2 treadmills. There was a generous amount of free weights although only one bench was available. There were also no sanitary wipes available to clean the equipment before and/or after use. The only other issue was the coffee machine. It was locked in one the closets near the clothes and it was a challenge to simply pour water in the reservoir as the space was so tight and the electrical outlet the machine was plugged in was inaccessible so I was unable to move the machine to a different location. More importantly I was unable to look inside the reservoir to ascertain that it was clean which means the housekeeping department was also unable to inspect the machine. The staff was very receptive and concerned regarding the issues and assured me that they would investigate.
Overall a good stay and I’ll be back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Hi Eric, Thank you for your review - we always appreciate the time that our guests take to leave their feedback. We are very happy to have provided you with a pleasant surprise regarding the quality of sleep that you got! It is always a pleasure to receive such a wonderfully detailed review, and your feedback should be very useful to guests considering staying with us. We are pleased that you will choose to stay with us again when you are next in town, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Pros:
- Friendly staff
- Close to airport
- Some remodeling
- Shuttle to nearby restaurants

Cons:
- Lots of cleaning issues, dirty
- Poor gym
- Breakfast buffet is rough

I was very hesitant to stay here after reading all of the bad reviews, but it’s the only SPG property in the area (which will soon change with the merger). They are apparently going through a management change that is trying to improve the hotel. It wasn’t a horrible Four Points, but it needs some help.

The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport. The lobby is renovated and is nice. All employees that I came in contact with were friendly and helpful. The carpets in the hallways and elevator are gross (see pics). They need to be replaced asap.

The room appeared to be recently remodeled to the standard newer look for all FP hotels. There was no smell, the carpet appeared new or recently cleaned, the furniture was in good condition and there was a large flat screen tv on the wall. The AC is very noisy and the temp settings did not work correctly, it randomly turned on and off. I also noted a large dirt stain around the drain of the shower.

The gym is small and sad. It has 2 old dirty treadmills, a broken elliptical, a bike with parts missing and an old beat up set of dumbbells. All of this tired, broken down and dirty equipment needs to be replaced.

The only food within walking distance is a Subway across the street. The hotel does provide shuttle service to a group of restaurants nearby. There are several so-so options including a barbecue place, Panda, Chicken and Waffles, Taco Bell, etc.

The breakfast buffet was poor as there is a very limited selection and all of the food was cold. The waiter was friendly though, and offered to make fresh eggs to order. The chairs in bad condition and obviously need to be replaced.

This hotel needs quite a bit of work, but it looks like they are trying to head in the right direction. With some work, this could be a good FP property. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we certainly appreciate the time that you have taken. We are known for our wonderful team, and we are pleased that you received the friendly service that our guests have come to expect from us. We are in the process of arranging for some of our carpets to be deep-cleaned, as some of them are getting a little tired looking. As you mention, we are in the process of changing out management team at the moment, and we anticipate that many of the issues that you have outlined will be rectified in the near future - they are certainly on our radar. We are very happy to know that you would choose to stay at our property again in the future, and we hope that you will enjoy a better stay on your next visit.