All reviews front desk full kitchen convention center rose garden across the street one bedroom suite parking garage hotel bar walking distance living area rooms are large capital building great customer service great room free breakfast hotel staff waffles
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

So I went to a retirement event and stayed here Fri-Sun. It’s in a great location. There are parks and plenty of places to photograph at walking distance. The place is safe. Make sure you see the capital. So when I got home on Sunday, I noticed my chain and Celtic cross got left behind. I called the hotel and spoke with Ron Sumague, Night Supervisor, first thing Monday. He had my precious piece of jewelry and sent it to me. What great staff!! Would highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freddy_J_Garrido
Shelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Freddy_J_Garrido,

Your review makes me smile. We are so lucky to have such a good team of people. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit our beautiful city. Sincerely, Shelly Moranville

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. We attended the Minecraft expo at the Convention Center downtown. The hotel is conveniently located roughly 5 min away (walking). The property is clean and the staff is very friendly. The pool is located on the second floor and was well maintained and clean. There are restaurants nearby within walking distance should you decide to explore the surrounding areas.

My only disappointment is the $20.00 parking at the garage next door. The fold out coach bed is very small and not quite as comfortable plus only one thin blanket was provided.

Overall we will be staying here again as the cons were not deal breakers.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dbreezy1209
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The hotel is clean and standard for the Marriott Corporation, so there are no surprises.

The front desk staff are awesome and will do anything to accommodate a guest, Shelia is the first person I see at 06:00 daily, she always smiles and is quick to greet you as you start your day.
Housekeeping is amazing, Theresa and Judy leave handwritten notes that absolutely make this hotel home. Imagine staying at different hotels for more than two years continuously-its painful but Theresa and Judy take the pain out of not having a family and traveling for work.

Beautiful people

Room Tip: even number rooms have the capital view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank steve9585
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Our extended stay is great. We are treated with respect and we're also greeted with hello and smiles. My family enjoys the amenities, breakfast, and the pool along with the Jacuzzi. Our stay has been since the first week in August and we'll be here until the end of September.

The Watkins Family

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Trek811753
Shelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Watkins Family,

We can't wait for your second review! We are very happy you are enjoying your stay and look forward to the continued opportunity to take great care of you and your family.

Shelly Moranville

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel for my daughter's slumber party. It was a very busy night! However Shr2lia was very kind to the girls, and their many request.
Shelia has outstanding guest services.
I would recommend this property, to my friends, and co=workers.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Josh t

Josh T,

Thank you for your review. We LOVE Shelia and we are so glad you had an opportunity to experience her smile and hospitality.

Shelly Moranville