All reviews front desk full kitchen convention center rose garden across the street one bedroom suite parking garage hotel bar walking distance living area rooms are large capital building great customer service great room free breakfast hotel staff waffles
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We stayed her 2 nights. The room layout is great. All the suites have a small kitchen and table, plus a computer table so your not having to move things around. Great Breakfast. parking is a additional $20.00 a night.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2017

we travel quite a bit for dance and this has become our go-to hotel in Sacramento. The rooms are great and we love the breakfast but it is the employees that really make the difference here. Most recently, it was Gigi and Travis who both went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. And more than that - they are just super nice, helpful people. I will come back to this place again and again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We were here for 3 days and 2 nights in a single bedroom suite. Very convenient location to the Capitol and convention center. Also short walks to a variety of restaurants and coffee shops.

Pros:
-Clean spacious rooms.
- price was fair for the size of the room we got
-full kitchen and full size fridge!
- love all the small touches that showed their thoughtfulness (dirty dishes were put in the dishwasher and washed, detergent and paper towels, dishes and Tupperware, etc)
-AC/controls- so easy to use and turned on right away
- decent breakfast and wifi

Cons: (not too many but enough to deduct a star)

- slamming doors- no matter how gently I tried to close it, it slammed. And that was what I heard all night from the other rooms.
- note that if you face 15th street, you will hear the night club across the street unless you are farther up. We were on the 5th floor and heard it all.
-by far the biggest reason I deducted a star was due to the parking situation. There needs to be a parking attendant out in the drive way. Cars were just left out, unattended and no one could get through. Also the entrance to the parking structure was horribly difficult to get into, and the side of the entrance has shown many cars had a hard time getting in without a hitting the wall. Also the turn stile won't lift unless you have a key card, so you'll have to back out of that horrible corner if you went in thinking you can just get a parking ticket from the machine. Use L street entrance if you are not checked in yet.

We are Hyatt members but chose this location because our group was staying here and we are pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our rooms. I would definitely stay here again. It's perfect for families as there is a sofa pull out bed. Nice job Marriott!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

THIS HOTEL ALLOWS MALE GUESTS TO PHYSICALLY VIOLATE WOMEN GUESTS. I'm on my last night here, and a man (a perfect stranger) cornered my friend and was in her face so as to make her feel like a violent incident was about to happen, and taking her picture with his phone. He admitted to management that he wanted to intimidate her b/c he hated "young kids" being on their phones... we're over 30, although that's beside the point. Management went through his phone and felt that since he had deleted the pictures everything was okay. Don't come here if you value your safety.

2  Thank Ayanna F
Shelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

It was very disappointing to read your review and I see there are some very important details from this event that you have neglected to share in your review. We pride ourselves in the safety and security of your guests and associates. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Shelly Moranville

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Came in for a business trip this weekend. Checked in Saturday and there customer service is amazing, gave me great hospitality and made me feel like I was home! Definitely will be coming back to this place! LOVE THERE ENERGY! This girls need some recognition!!! Keep it up!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Shelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you very much for your review, we will most certainly be sure they get recognition.

Shelly Moranville