All reviews front desk full kitchen convention center rose garden across the street one bedroom suite parking garage hotel bar walking distance living area rooms are large capital building great customer service great room free breakfast hotel staff waffles
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

Great service! Above and beyond. We had a big group and were told that their bar opened at 5:00p. We asked, and Alexis and Alice were very accomodating. They opened their lounge early for us to watch the game. Clean hotel, great location - good food close by.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

When everything went to hell with my hotel reservations and the city's hotels were all booked, hotel manager Jon David saved the day. Thoroughly helpful man with incredible customer service skills. Rooms were roomy, clean and comfortable. Good breakfast included. A nice hotel room is easy to come by. A great staff is harder. Hats off to JON and his staff. I'll definitely return.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Shelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to have Jon David on our team. We will definately share your review with the entire team and be sure to thank JD for taking such great care of our guests. We look forward to seeing you when you visit Sacramento again in the future. Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Great job Jon David, getting me out of my other reservation and eliminating the one night charge so I could stay at the Residence Inn. Really appreciate the extra effort and help. The hotel is located in the right area downtown and all of the amenities worked well for our business trip. #outstanding

Jerry Landrum

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

This is mixed.
Love the room staff was friendly and helpful especially our parking situation.
Nice little bar at ground level with huge projection tv.
The problem I had here was at 6:30 am I go to take a shower and the water is COLD! Really at this hour and in such a nice place? Unacceptable!
Went down stairs for breakfast and the line was all the way to the elevator. So I never saw what was served. Amazing they knew all these college kids were going to be there and they didnt account for it. So breakfast was an absolute bust for me.
I visit Sacramento alot! My family is here, but I will be damned if I ever stay here on my own. (My company paid for this trip)
Close to alot of places to party and eat and if you have a street view on a weekend night. Ask to be way up. As the party goers get a bit loud after midnight.
Overall a beautiful hotel but I wont be back. Cold shower is just ridiculous!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Shelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

I am so terribly sorry. I did hear that we had an unexpected mechanical problem with the hot water boilers. Our engineers were able to fix it but it did take some time. I am very sorry this was your experience while visiting our hotel; we too wish the boiler had not malfunctioned.

I do hope you will give us another try next time you are in Sacramento, as you can see by our other reviews this is not the normal experience.

Sincerely, Shelly Moranville

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

This Residence Inn has a nice downtown location and is convenient to every attraction and activity in Sacramento. The hotel has an attractive, updated look and we were very happy with the room. However, we were disappointed with the staff. The person who checked us into the hotel clearly hated their job and was surly and abrupt. No information was given about the hotel or help offered when we asked about parking. This was the worst trained Marriott employee I have come across, and as a Marriott Rewards member with lifetime status, I have seen my share of Marriott employees. The parking lot is located in the building next door to the hotel, so if you are coming or going late at night or early morning, you should be aware of your surroundings or travel in a group since you will be going down an alley-way to get to the parking.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family