“A neighborhood Jewel!”

Chewy's
Ranked #423 of 2,215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 11 August 2015

For a long time I kept driving by this place without knowing what it is since the name had me puzzled. Then based on recommendations of neighbors we went and were pleasantly surprised. All new and tasteful decor, very clean, friendly staff and great menu choices at affordable prices. The $4.99 breakfast menu includes about 10 different choices. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

Loved the size of the restaurant and the setup, the staff was friendly and quick. Food was fresh and well prepared

A great addition to the area, hope to get there more often

Reviewed 28 February 2015

Outstanding food, service, clean, prompt, portions, special outstanding value for the money. Friendly environment and best value for the area. Have eaten here many times and will continue to do so.

1  Thank richard b
Reviewed 18 January 2015

My sister and I visited Chewy's today for brunch. We had no idea what we were in for with a name likeChewy's. We were both pleasantly surprised. The décor was colorful and modern, in bright green and orange, . Although we had to wait for about 10 minutes (the maximum occupancy is only 44), the host and servers were so friendly and welcoming. We were offered menus to peruse while we waited, so that when we were seated we knew what we wanted. The fare is primarily Mexican, but not the typical Mexican you see in Mexican restaurants. It is Mexican with a breakfast twist, if that makes sense. You can get your oatmeal and waffles, but there were many omelets, burritos, and egg dishes that I'd never seen anywhere else. I chose the nopalitos burrito, and was thrilled with my choice. There were eggs, nopalitos, potatoes, onions, and a light amount of cheese, wrapped in a flour tortilla. It was plenty big to keep me full for over seven hours. You had a choice of different salsas. You didn't get very much, but I'm sure I could have requested more. I used the Tapatio sauce at the table. My sister had the vegetarian sandwich, which she enjoyed, especially the light rye bread. And the prices were very reasonable. We only paid 11.00 for our meal! We didn't order any drinks. I can hardly wait to go there again! If you live in the Carmichael area in Sacramento, or are visiting there, make a breakfast or lunch stop to Chewy's!

1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 11 October 2014 via mobile

We were looking for lunch before a movie. I knew Chewy's had good reviews so we stopped in. They have a huge menu with a big variety of types of food. I think there is something for everyone, and even though I should have chosen one of the many salads, I opted for the California cheeseburger. It was great -- but fattening. So if you're on a diet or if you need comfort food, this is the right place.

2  Thank UglyDollOX