“Best Falafel ever!!”

Ranked #333 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

It's always fun being a vegetarian married to a carnivore and trying new restaurants. Opa Opa was a great find! Lots of vegetarian options. I ordered the Falafel platter. They were a wonderful surprise. They came with a side of hummus. I tasted it and couldn't believe how amazing it tasted. I figured Hummus is Hummus...but this hummus was richer and smoother than any I've had in the past. It was so good I came back with my daughter (who ❤️'s hummus) and enjoyed watching her reaction to it. Similar to me she took a bite, looked surprised and immediately went for another bite. Then she looked up at me with a grin on her face. Next time we took friends ... Not adventurous folks...but they found things they liked too!!! It's a win-win place.

PS...carnivore hubby found a feta cheeseburger that he has had every time we've gone.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

The menu is extensive with all the greek favorites. We had never been here before so we tried the moussaka and variety platter which had covered all the basics. Some of the items were great, spanakopita, tzatziki, meat, and gyro. However, the hummus was overly runny and the falafel overcooked. There's seating inside and a small patio outside.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

So we were excited to have a greek place close to our house until we ate there. The food served here is not exactly greek food.
i ordered a gyro expecting it to be like the ones I ate in Greece.
It did not work out that way.
The meat was not slabs of lamb on the spinning gyro machine. It was some sort of pressed meat and barley edible. Like greek spam. Not good.

This greek restaurant serves french fries. They come straight out of a bag frozen and into the fryer.

The owner of Opa also owns the dessert place next door. if you have dinner at Opa you are offered 5% off your dessert at his dessert place. Do the math. 5% off on a $5 slice of cake is 25 cents off.

The employees are nice, competent, and look clean.
The restaurant is clean.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Food was average, place feels like a fast food joint. Your name is yelled and you go get it. We all had various versions of skewered meat, same rice and over cooked veggies. Meat is dry - obviously from the precooking- so most of the flavor comes from the dipping sauce. Again, food was average, which isn't bad! It's a good alternative to other fast food.! Will come back occasionally!

1  Thank MCPOUSNrtd
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Have been here more times than I can remember. I bring all my friends and family here to try there food. The service is always excellent and the quality of the food is fresh. I have literally tried everything on the menu and it's all good. My favorite part is Sweeties next door that you get a 5% discount at if you dine at Opa.