All reviews cal expo courtyard marriott front desk paul mitchell train noise arden mall state fair definitely stay here again home away from home business trip i highly recommend this hotel staying at this hotel comfortable room free breakfast bistro freeway railroad
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I would not stay at this hotel ever again.
The first time I stayed I found a set of ear plugs. I chocked off to poor housekeeping as the stationary and such weren’t straighten out.
There were times that it was loud with outside traffic. It was annoying but it didn’t keep me up.
I left for an extended trip out of Sacramento, but came back to the hotel as I had to store bags in the hotel.
This time I found the same ear plugs. And it was LOUD WITH the ear plugs in. And it was loud enough that I just gave up and woke up.
You have to wonder about a hotel who puts out ear plugs for noise.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
ByronO76, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear tangerine2015,

I apologize for the poor night's sleep due to the outside traffic. We take pride in a comfortable and peaceful stay, but unfortunately we have fallen short of our goal. We are sincerely sorry for your sleepless night.

Best Regards,

Byron O'Neil

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Service is good, very friendly and kind. Hotel is clean. Location is not great (you hear trains all night). Cost is a little high. Can get a cheaper room at the Fairfield inn next door. Costco is near by if you need supplies. Overall an ok experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I stayed here two nights in August on business. Check in was prompt and friendly. Room was spacious and clean. No views to speak of but I wasn't in the room long enough for it to matter. I like the restaurant on site and the little bar area.
Was slightly disappointed that Marriott Gold's aren't offered some type of amenity at this property such as discounted breakfast, but on the other hand thats NOT a published benefit at Courtyard properties. Its nice when a property goes slightly above brand standards to set itself apart. I'd stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2018

the room was so clean and I am really picky about that I have a special needs 3 year old grand daughter so I really have to be, right from the front door I was delighted aaron and allie was so helpful checking us in. and they were both so sweet to my little grand daughter I will be staying again every time I need to go to uc davis for me there is no other place to stay, aaron even went that extra mile and got me a crib from another hotel because they had run out of theirs. my stay was not like being home it was better than home .

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We were looking for a hotel that was near Cal Expo to stay at during the State Fair. We lucked out when we booked the Courtyard. It is within walking easy distance so we got to skip the parking fees and traffic. The hotel itself is clean and well appointed with everything a traveler could want. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Kieth at the front desk. There are 3 Marriott hotels in the same area. Be sure to pick the Courtyard, you won't be sorry!

Stayed: July 2018