“Great food and friendly staff”
Review of Nishiki Sushi

Nishiki Sushi
Ranked #515 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I've been going to Nishiki Sushi in Downtown Sacramento for quite a few years and have to say they have been consistent in their quality of food and service. Prices are good for sushi in Sacramento, coming in at slightly less expensive than average. The (alcohol) bar is also very popular and fills up quickly during lunch and dinner. My favorites are the Dragon Roll, Bento box with Sesame chicken, and sushi boats for larger gatherings. Give Nishiki a try, I'm sure you will like them!

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Whenever I'm in town, I always have dinner at Nishiki's. I love their Sukiyaki. Service is fast and friendly. The bar area is a little noisy, but the booths are nice. Parking in on-street and metered before 6 PM.

Reviewed 27 September 2014

Went there with someone in our group who knew the manager well, so maybe we got special treatment that first timers or even regular customers might not receive. There were eight of us that night and ordered a special sashimi boat. I don't know if that's on the menu but it had fish that I've never had before. One was pure white and I thought that it was tofu. One bite into that raw fish and I was stunned at how clean, fresh, tasty and silky smooth it was. I never did find out what kind of fish it was. Others gobbled up the monkfish liver, which I was told was something that, once you taste it, you'll never go back to other sashimi fish. There were slices of fresh snapper that were so thin, each slice was translucent. A mark of an expert sashimi chef. We had an idea that we would be in for a treat when the leader of our group glanced at the area where the chef was preparing the fish and other seafood for the boat and laughed when the chef himself took a photo of his masterpiece. When the boat arrived at our table, cellphone photos were taken by almost everyone. Even someone from another table came over to take a picture! A couple at another table remarked that he's been to Nishiki for many years and has never seen anything like that.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

A lively up beat restaurant with good service nice ambiance, and good food.

Sittings are available upstairs, inside or outside.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Love Nishiki on 16th.

Rools are great. Amazing happyhour. Sunday half off rolls are very good. Love the oysters, corvette roll (the best), cajun roll (add tuna on top for more meaty taste)... Nothing is bad here. Great staff. Great cocktails and sake. Definitely do a sakebomb.

This is the perfect place to start a night off!!