“An Ice Cream lovers dream come true!”

Leatherby's Family Creamery
Ranked #8 of 65 Dessert in Sacramento
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

You will be hard-pressed to find an ice cream parlor like this one--big time classic sundaes made with Leatherby's own homespun ice cream flavors. If you visit, order up one of their huge, Big Daddy Daves sundae Tip-order your sauces on the side...get more of the sauces that way. Besides making their own ice cream...they make their own sauces, too. Recommend the hot fudge and caramel sauces!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Let me start by saying I have a personal bias about Leatherby's: I grew up in the same parish and have known the family as long as I can remember. When Dave and family opened the store, my wife and I were in college and dating and we made it a regular stop during our courtship. Since then, all four of our children, many family and friends, and just about anyone else who happens to be in Sacramento with me at the time have visited Leatherby's. The last time we visited, my son who know lives in Boston and his girlfriend were with us. It was her first visit. As luck would have it, one of the Leatherby grandchildren was our waiter. First, the ice cream is absolutely deliciously rich and creamy. The selection of flavors and toppings will please even the most hardened critic. And finally, the serving sizes are over the top, both figuratively and literally, as the ice, sauces, and toppings are overflowing the top of the dishes. I have read some complaints about spotty service, but it's an ice cream parlor that employs local youth. It's not a five-star steakhouse, so get over it. Sacramento is known for sizzling summers and there's not better place to cool off than Leatherby's. My waistline will attest to that.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for dessert. One couple shared a custom sundae, and we shared a raspberry chocolate thing that was huge and delicious. It was all great fun.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

They have totally remodeled. More space, clean and the best ice cream with toppings. Very accommodating staff. Great lunch specials, half sandwich with salad and many more. Great options. I have been going here for 40 years.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Do you want to spoil yourself and the family .. This is the place to go .. Be my hero and try to eat the Banana Split alone ...

Prices are o.k., place is spotless clean and the ice cream is home made!