“O'Mallys Pub in Old Town”

O'Mally's Irish Pub
Ranked #165 of 2,215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 10 July 2017

You can't go wrong with pub food and O'Mally's did not disappoint. This is a typical looking pub with about 7 dining tables and a bar. The Guinness was poured correctly and tasted fresh and the service was very good. We ordered the pastrami Rueben, fish po boy sandwich and western hamburger. All of the meals were delicious and filling. The price seemed good for what we ordered. I would have given a fifth star, however they were out of corned beef since I originally wanted a corned beef Reuben...really, what Irish pub runs out of corned beef! Still, I would eat here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Old Sac is a tourist area, and there are options. I'm a sucker for Irish pubs, and the place wasn't crowded at all at 5:30 on a Saturday. It's small, maybe six or seven tables, with a pool table dominating the dining room, The bartender did double duty as the waiter, so it may take a little while to get your order taken. I ordered our drinks and he returned about 15 minutes later for our order. I'm a NY corned beef snob, and the corned beef and cabbage was outstanding. Thick tender flat brisket cuts, with braised and browned cabbage and FRIED mashed potatoes, it had me licking the plate. My wife wasn't quite as enthused with her shepards pie, the topping was great but the veggies appeared frozen. GREAT value, $42 with two drinks, plus tip. Overall, I was very happy with O' Mally's. If they hire a waitress they'll get 5 stars.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We ate here on a business trip. We ordered simple sandwiches and fries and it took well over an hour for lunch. There was one waiter/bartender and one cook who cooked one order at a time. Even though there were only 4 tables of customers, the service was excruciatingly slow. To make matters worse, when our food finally came up, the waiter/bartender proceeded to walk around the restaurant talking on his cell phone rather than bring us our food. I do not recommend this establishment!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

This place reminded me of a few pubs in small towns in the Ireland countryside. The food was great and the beer selection was broad. A must visit in a stop in Old Sacramento.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

This reminded me of a typical British Pub: simple, friendly, nothing fancy at all but the food was amazing. I had the Shepherd's Pie and my husband had a hamburger. We both were so impressed. We enjoyed our time there.