“Great Ramen for Vegetarians”
Review of Shoki Ramen House

Shoki Ramen House
Ranked #237 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 13 March 2017

The ramen was excellent. My waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and the various ramen options (of which there were many). When asked, she explained all of the options and made an excellent suggestion for which ramen I should try. I had the Tan Tan Men with low sodium and thin noodles. One of the best I've ever had.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

If you've spent any time in Sacramento then you know how easy it is to go to one of those foo-foo restaurants in midtown, with the fancy decor and hip vibes, throw down more than $100 bones and get a perfectly average forgettable meal. Am I right??
So when I stumble across a place like Shoki Ramen House, my mind gets blown. I don't care if you live here of if you're a tourist... if you're in Sacramento, and you want a terrific, tasty, healthy (not that I care about that), and downright reasonably priced meal, then you gotta go. The wife and I went the other day for the first time. She had curry ramen while I had the Kurogoma Tan Tan Men. Its a spicy soy broth with thick noodles topped with Nori, baby spinach, wakame, and seasoned minced beef. I know... we're talkin' ramen here... but this was spicy, tangy, savory... it just absolutely hit me where I live. And all served in this little corner hole-in-the-wall joint... the kind of place I just love. The service is friendly and fast, and there's even decent parking availability. (At least on a Saturday afternoon). Five Stars. Swanee says check it out!

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

As someone with celiac I'm very skeptical of any noodle dishes but Shoki was great. Our waitress was very accommodating. I would recommend going on a slower day/time so you can get the attention your diet restriction needs. Overall great dinner.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

My husband and I came here recently for the first time after hearing several great reviews from friends. This old married couple doesn't go out on a Friday night and are certainly not the most adventurous eaters. We parked our car across the street on 21st Street although you can find some limited spaces near the restaurant. The last time we walked into this place it was affectionately known as "Trails" and the old signage is still in front of the building so don't be fooled. It's a modest, unremarkable cracker box dive with cracks in the sidewalk and curb. So, we walked in and were immediately greeted by a warm and charming young lady whose smile never left when she handed us menus and we looked at each other, like, what is all this and how do we order. For those of you who are not acquainted with this sort of Japanese fare, it's basically a restaurant that serves bowls of broth with traditional food items and noodles. There are choices on what kind of noodles (size, etc.) and what goes on them. Anything that can be made is done so by scratch, all else is fresh and without MSG. You taste the quality and pride even if you're a novice. The dining room and bathroom is very clean and orderly. Surprisingly, the music was a soft jazz. A very peaceful setting. The prices were reasonable, large enough portions, ingredients were of the highest quality. To this day I have no idea what I had, but it was good and we WILL be back.

1  Thank RunningInGrace
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

My client and I drove 49 miles out of the way for these beautiful noodles. They are made with love the broth is the best around and theie sides and add ins are traditional yet slightly edgy...... They have optional levels of heat we always go for the hottest and it's just right..... try the soft boiled egg on top and extra miso. Hidden jewel in midtown. Yummy in my tummy...