“Been Twice, Not Going Back”
Review of Tapa the World

Tapa the World
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapa the World is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Tapa The World opened in May of 1994 and is owned by brother and sister Paul Ringstrom and Conni Levis. Both owners spent time in Spain during their college years, studying Spanish and taking in as much of the local culture as they were able to on student's budget. Paul's educational background (he earned his bachelor's degree from Cornell's Hotel/Restaurant Management School) coupled with his love of the Spanish life-style brought him back to Spain in 1990, where he opened a Tex-Mex restaurant off the Gran Via in Madrid. Meanwhile, Conni earned an M.B.A. from San Francisco State University and moved to Sacramento in 1992. The concept for the restaurant evolved during many late night conversations between the two owners, until Paul finally returned to the states in 1993, eager to open the first Spanish restaurant in Sacramento. It is our goal to provide the food, wine, music, and dance of Spain in an atmosphere that is warm, welcoming and fun. We encourage our guests to linger over their conversations, to invite their friends, and above all, to feel "bienvenido" each time they visit.
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have been there for lunch and dinner but not going back. I think the food isn't very good, served too cold and slowly. Some guests really like this but I am not one of them. With so many great restaurants from which to choose, I will opt for others.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

My son and I had some tapas here on a quiet Saturday afternoon. The sherry was good. The olives excellent, but I don't think Spanish. A tortilla (Spanish one with potatoes) was quite nice, the cheese ok, and calamari just a but greasy but good. Oh chicken strips also good. It was too much for us to eat, and came to about 50 bucks, which I guess is a lot for what we thought would be a light lunch. Oh well, still recommend the place.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

The perfect meal. Not too filling. Wonderful tapas. If you are lucky live music to Sierra de your meal. Breads and oils. Salads and tapas. Mint tea to begin with. A wonderful meal.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

A favorite restaurant in Midtown. The atmosphere is inviting, the food is amazing, and the wines (and wine knowledge / advice) are fabulous. The live Spanish guitar music is frosting on the cake. The management is warm and welcoming, remembering guests and greeting them as the old friends that we're likely to become. Love this place.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I have loved this restaurant for a decade and not just for its variety of tapas. I especially love the fish and vegetarian entrees as well as diverse and authentic tapas. From a side of olives just like they do in Spain, to the fabulous Ahi tuna salad with fire roasted asparagus, I can't get enough. The chef's specials go over the top. Most recently I had grilled salmon with a sundried tomato spinach pesto, fire roasted asparagus and roasted baby red potatoes. Though there is a wide selection of imported wines by the glass, I usually return to my favorite Rioja. While the place is small and often crowded, the service is fine and the atmosphere is authentic, provided by an excellent Flamenco guitarist.