“Good veggie burger”

Ranked #7 of 2,160 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 23 February 2015

I had dinner here after watching a movie at the Tower Theatre on a Sunday evening and started with a cup of the Nicaraguan Black Bean soup followed by the East African Veggie Burger with potato salad. As veggie burgers go, the East African is pretty good. I removed half of the whole wheat bun because it didn’t add much to the taste.They offer a variety of desserts. I took home a chocolate turtle cheesecake.This place is worth a visit if you haven’t tried it.The interior is very unique, and the patio is a great place to dine when the weather is good.The drawbacks are that there is often a wait and the wine list is very limited.

Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

My colleague was visiting from out of town and I saw all the high rated reviews, so we tried it. I'm shocked! The menu was extremely limited and offered very few choices. The bill was $30 for 2 - it's just a basic breakfast of mediocre eggs, average potatoes, and 2 slices of bacon. We had to pay extra for a side of toast. This is quite expensive for not really standing out; I guess it's to pay for the beautiful and exotic decor. We had coffee and our server never once refilled it. I had to ask for one refill when we got the check. Definitely not impressed and won't be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

I always enjoy going to Tower Cafe. Most recently went before Christmas 2014. Their menu is awesome. Couldn't decide if we wanted late breakfast or early lunch. Our group of 5 received great service and excellent food. Look forward to coming back soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2015

If you like custard-y French toast grilled to perfection, visit the Tower. Also, the bacon is thick cut and never undercooked. The sweetness of the French toast and the saltiness of the bacon is a great combination! Nice atmosphere, too. I highly recommend Tower Cafe.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

I have had brunch here; excellent! I have had lunch here; very good. I have had dinner and dessert here; excellent. And, since I live nearby, I will continue to come here at least monthly. But, I have never come here and had a meal without a significant wait time. There is usually a wait to get a table (especially brunch); then there is a wait before meeting your waitstaff, who are generally young, nice, and knowledgeable; then there is a goodly wait for your food. So come for the food but be prepared to wait. . . and wait.

1  Thank Kai H