“A GREAT DPLACE FOR A LATE LUNCH”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #133 of 2,253 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 March 2018

At lunch time, Mimi's seems to be always busy, with a 20 minute or so wait. However, at 2pm there was no wait. Even with a wait, if you have time, sit in the very nice bar and have a drink and a chat. The menu has a good number of choices, and they all are good. They did not have a gluten free bun for Ruth, but the suggested lettuce wrap was just as good and fewer calories.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Never order online the chef is awful. Can’t recognize the difference between medium rare and well done. Have to drive back all the way from my work to point the issue.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

This review is for my visit on 11/08/2017:

Stopped into Mimi's for lunch on a work trip to Sacramento. I was craving comfort food and loved to go to Coco's as a kid when it was around. Mimi's seemed like the place to get the same down-home experience.

It was late in the lunch period, close to 3 PM, and they gave me a booth in the bar. First off, Lisa, my server (the bartender I believe) was awesome. She was friendly, smiled, answered all my questions patiently, checked up on me often and was just a joy to be served by. The Hot Turkey Platter with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and green beans was delicious and hit the spot. I have been back twice for it when in town for business and it never disappoints. I was also lucky enough to get Lisa again on one of my trips and she remembered me even though at least a month had passed.... thanks Lisa!

By the way, the warm breadbasket with soft butter and homemade Madeleines is awesome. I wish more places offered something unique like this.

Thanks to Mimi's and also to Lisa for treating me like a friend!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Went for a quick solo lunch. Food was adequate and service the same. The French Onion Soup was good as usual.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Went here for Sunday mid morning breakfast with family. Our server was VERY enthusiastic, she was loud and VERY chatty, but forgot 2 parts of our order and had to be reminded more than once, so maybe LESS coffee and MORE work.

I eat at Mimi's pretty often, when traveling, and this this may be my least favorite experience at a Mimi's.