“One out of two of us loved our dinner”
Review of Marche Aux Fleurs

Marche Aux Fleurs
Reserve with OpenTable
Marche Aux Fleurs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ross
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sir Francis Drake, Lagunitas
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Marche aux Fleurs last week. I loved my dinner, my wife disliked hers, so this is really a mixed review, causing me to be hesitant to recommend the restaurant.

Service was excellent. Our server was attentive, as were the helper servers. The server knew it was our anniversary (front of house did their job and relayed the info from our reservation), and made a special effort to help us celebrate.

I ordered the white corn soup (with smoked paprika and cornbread croutons) as an appetizer and loved the creamy full-bodied taste. My wife ordered the beet salad (roasted gold and pink beets/albion strawberries/goat cheese/pistachio/citrus vinaigrette) and was raving about the vinaigrette and pistachios.

So far so great!

For my main, I had the wild king salmon (fig-leaf wrapped/farro/romano beans/fig and olive tapenade). Given a choice, I'll order salmon if a restaurant has it featured on the menu, and this combination sounded great. It was served at the perfect temperature (for my taste), hot, but still slightly rare on the inside. All the flavors went well together.

My wife was very disappointed with her main, the organic polenta (farm egg/grilled summer squash/huitlacoche/cherry tomato/grilled green onion/salsa verde). The plate was gorgeous and looked appetizing. It sounded like this should be full of flavor. The veggies were great, but the star of the dish, the polenta, was tasteless, as was the huitlacoche. Did the chef forget to season it? Not wanting to make waves, my wife didn't mention her disappointment.

Finally for dessert, we ordered the warm flourless chocolate cake (72% guittard chocolate, crushed almond amaretti, Tahitian vanilla ice cream). It was served with an anniversary candle on top (thanks!) and we both enjoyed it. It was dense, warm, chocolaty, and the ice cream was exactly what was needed to balance it out.

Will we try it again? Maybe in a few years, once my wife forgets her disappointment.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

What a nice little restaurant this is. In a lovely quiet village.
Eating out under the trees in the garden is superb, and the food is a delight.
Wonderful, friendly, attentive staff make it a great experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We can walk down the street to our favorite local spot. Much of the year you can eat outside on the patio or inside as well. This is a restaurant of note. Food is excellent and delicious, somewhat French, somewhat California. Excellent, creative salads. Local Marin cheese boards. Varied dishes from Spanish octopus, roasted chicken, halibut as examples with a solid wine list. Casual dining or for occasions as well. We are so lucky. Not to mention outstanding, professional veteran waitstaff.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The food and service were wonderful. pay attention to the specials of the day, as they provide special flavors and pricing. We had a group of seven, and they were great at accommodating us and everyone enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Wonderful unique dinners at this French Bistro style restaurant. Original recipes with wonderful flavors exclusive to Marche Aux Fleurs.