“All time Favorite Sushi Restaurant ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wasabi - Asia Bistro and Sushi Bar
Ranked #161 of 485 Restaurants in Roseville
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I love love love! Try the Golden Star roll - my fav! For spicy lover go for the pepper fin!! Must try been going here since the first year of the original one in Citrus Heights! Must go!!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Went there because of the good prices on bento boxes, which was tasty, but I'm leaving a 1 star because of the workers. Some fire inspectors came in to check the sprinklers. At first a waitress wouldn't let them in, saying that no one told them about the inspection. The inspectors showed them the work order with the property owner's name. The guy says he doesn't know who that is. How do you not know your proprty manager? So the guy wouldn't let them inspect, saying that since no one told them, that they can't inspect, especially since they couldn't prepare for the inspection. Finally the inspectors offer to call the property manager, and the guy says fine, let's do that. The guy then gets on the phone and does a 180! Acts super nice to Susan, asking about the inspection, and politely hangs up. Then he starts yelling again at the inspectors saying "Fine. You can inspect, but you guys sure are rude and prejudice right now!" How are could they be prejudice if you won't even let them talk?! So the inspectors just say sorry you gene that way and continue with an inspection all thr while being yelled at. So after the inspection, the owner then tells them to leave. The inspectors, realizing they won't get anywhere, decide to leave. But not before the guy follows them put yelling things (this while he's in thr doorway, so both inside and outside of the restaurant you can hear him yell) like "uou guys are so prejudice! So rude! It's because you're white and I'm not!" One the inspectors finally says "you think I'm white?" The guy, obviously wasn't expecting a response to his bullying and says "well I don't know. You look it." He then demands their name and number. So he goes outside, the inspector he was harassing the most left to the car while the other one stayed to try to get the guy to calm down. And while all this is going on, the staff is griping about the inspectors! By this point, I lost my appetite. I asked for the check and left.
All of this over a fire inspection.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We live up the hill in Nevada City but most every time we head down to the Sac area we stop at Wasabi for dinner. The staff is friendly and welcoming, there are tons of menu selections from which to choose and the food is fresh and great! We haven't found any other sushi restaurant that compares.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I couldn't have picked a better place to try sushi for the first time. I have always been reluctant to eat what I considered raw fish, but my daughter and her husband convinced me that this would be the place to try it, and boy, were they right! I was initially greeted by the owner/manager, Janet, who took me under her wing. She prepared for me what is known as Janet's Special, and I also had Bar B Que Ahi Tuna and the Salmon with Garlic Dill Sauce, which is to absolutely die for! Both fish are slightly seared, so not technically "raw", but the sauces were delicious and the fish was more tender and flavorful than I would have imagined. Having such a lovely person such as Janet see to my every need was definitely a plus! The tempura battered veggies were hot and crispy, and the individual pieces were big enough to make it a meal in itself. Such a wonderful experience that I hope others will be able to enjoy, too

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Very unique and tasty! Lovely fresh fish for the sashimi lovers! Great service and just overall fantastic food! A great find!!!