“We Have Friends Who Have Been Dining There For Over 20 Years!”

Pete's Original Pizza Pasta
Ranked #71 of 498 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our friends in Roseville told us "Next time you are in Roseville, you gotta go to Original Pete's for lunch OR dinner". Yes, they were 100% correct!! This place is very low key, decor is nice, not fancy, but you get that warm, comfortable feeling when you walk in. you see all types of patrons from business types, law enforcement officers and medical , to grandparents with gkids, locals and a Sacramento tourist or two in the mix.

The owner, manager, or assistant will greet you as soon as you arrive. I'm told that on warm days when the line stretches outside the front door, Management will bring you a complimentary glass of wine while you wait for a table.

Now lets hit the menu: We each had the Pizza and Soup Lunch Combo where you get to pick your bowl of soup and at least two toppings on your small size (6 slice) lunch. I had an Arnold Palmer beverage while my wife had a lemon-in-water.

Soups and pizzas was piping hot and quite enjoyable as Fall is now half over and early Winter storms are starting to pass through the area. We noticed there are several chalk boards displayed above the galley area indicating the weekly wine and beer selections and the special lunch or dinner pasta plates.

Service was fast, very polite and very attentive to our needs. Our waitress made sure my Arnold Palmer glass did not drain out. We each ended up taking home half of our individual pizza serving if that is any indication of how large the portions are there.

Bottom line, our Roseville friends told us to go there next time we were in the area. May I offer the same suggestion to you? I'll bet you will become a 20 year customer just like our friends did; I know we will.

1  Thank nascarbilly

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I attempted to get out of the heat this Saturday! The temperature registered 106゚! We arrived at the restaurant at approximately 3:07 p.m. and were seated promptly by the hostess. We waited for service for over 14 minutes, but not anyone. I asked to see manager who arrived in approximately one minute and seemed involved elsewhere. We declined his offer for free food and left!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Pete's was great all the way around! Salads and entrees were very fresh and tasty. Service was terrific. Beer and wine selection was good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Because we were a family party of eight we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. Seems like a couple of tables could have been moved together to accommodate us. Service was friendly enough except for the dour guy at the maitre d desk who deidn't flash a single smile the whole time we were there. Those in our party who ordered pizza were pleased. I got the lasagna which was not very good. It seemed like the huge unappetizing and dominant glop of tomato sauce on top was straight out of a can. So there were strengths and weaknesses. I'm not eager to return.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

My 2 kids love pizza and pasta . Unfortunately I'm not, I'm ok with it but not a fan. The pizza are really good. There was a pasta that we ordered that didn't suit our taste, but maybe it's just us. The servings are big and sometimes can even fit for 2-4 people depending on how hungry you are.. The dessert is awesome.. It's a treat for everybody I guess..