“A staple in this area!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 504 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We had our granddaughter 18th birthday at this restaurant and it didn't disappoint anyone in the family. The food is generally prepared by an Italian or it is overseen by an Italian. The menu changes regularly with various regions of Italy represented. The pasta in various forms never disappoints. You can also order various meat dishes, with veal particularly served! The wine list features, as you might expect, Italian wines from various regions! It is reasonably priced, but you also can get more expensive wines if you desire.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 17 August 2017

My personal opinion, and I've been eating Italian any which way you can, Italian grandmothers, Italian restauranteurs, Italian chefs, Italian restaurants, Italian at home, and weeks in Italy, is that Il Fornaio does it best. This is the standard to which I ascribe. Eating here is like a musician going to another musician's gig and saying, I wish I could do that!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

What I love about Il Fornaio is, no matter which of their restaurants I eat at the quality is the same. The service has always been excellent and the wait staff always takes time to tells you about their wines. Our favorite is the pasta dishes and their bread is remarkable. Can't say anything about dessert because I'm always to full to order any. The ambience is lovely....nice place to take someone for a 'special' dinner.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We go to Il Fornaio at least once a month. The food is awesome. Fresh and you must try a ravioli side dish. They are to die for. This is a chain but does not feel like it. We like to sit at the bar where Zach is an awesome server and knowledgeable!
If you are visiting this a great place and no that expensive for what you get.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family and my mother for her birthday. We ordered an appetizer and had to ask for plates. The waiter forgot my red pepper. I had to pour my own wine after he came to the table 4 times and didn't ask. Then we got our salads and 30 seconds later our entrees showed up.... the manager noticed our frustration and came over and offered to re-make our entrees. The final straw was the food.... how disappointing... what has happened to IL Fornaio?

Date of visit: July 2017