“Tasty, quick & healthy fast-food choice”
Review of Rubio's

Ranked #148 of 482 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Okay, to clarify my 5-star rating. This is 5 stars for a fast-food restaurant, not 5-stars for any type of restaurant. That said, we love this place. Even our sometimes picky grandkids love coming here.

I also wouldn't normally wouldn't say "fast-food" without a drive-through option, but the service we get here has always been fast enough for me to still consider this fast food. We're often served in within 5 minutes, which is sometimes half the time of going In-and-Out.

The food is made fresh and tastes fresh. We particularly love the shrimp tacos and the salmon tacos. Our grandkids love the street tacos with steak and chicken, and the quesadillas.

Here's what you need to know if ordering fish tacos - they come two ways: you can get either grilled fish or deep fried fish. And it isn't real clear on the menu board which is which so if you definitely want GRILLLED be sure to ask when ordering to make certain. We're not huge fans of deep fried fish in tacos (personal preference) so it's nice that they offer a choice. But we have accidentally ordered the deep fried ones because the menu isn't totally clear on this point.

They have lots of options on seafood which is a rarity in fast-food type places. Mahi-Mahi, Talapia, Sea Bass, in addition to salmon and shrimp. And you can get them prepared multiple ways (fried, grilled, spicy, not spicy, etc.) in tacos, burritos, salads, bowls, enchiladas and specials.

Plus they have a nice selection of chicken, steak, vegetarian, versions of all of the above.

It's really nice you can order just a taco or two or a whole plate with rice, beans, etc. The restaurant has the fast-food vibe (albeit on the nicer side). Tile floors, formica-type topped tables, serve yourself drinks from the soda fountain. But they have a nice little salsa and toppings bar and a patio with tables w/ umbrellas for outside eating on nice weather days.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

I'm a regular customer of Rubios as home and when traveling but this was by far the worst I've ever been in. They were having some plumbing problems so the smell of sewage most likely did something to my appetite and had me SMH as to the cleanliness of the establishment. The layout was not conducive to a line of people waiting for their food or to order as it jammed up the flow to the tables. Just a bad overall experience! Plumber at the edge of the counter scratching his head eating chips with shirt tails hanging out and God knows what on his hands...YUCK!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Wife and I felt ill after eating their fish tacos. We removed as much breading as we could before eating the tacos. Many other choices in this food court. Tried the gyro place - it was good.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

We always order the same thing when we go to Rubio's. Two fish tacos with rice and chips and we only have their filtered water for a beverage. Our total bill is always around sixteen dollars....well worth it. Someone told us that on Tuesday's they have specials on their tacos. We'll have to check that out.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

I always get the fish tacos at Rubio's Galleria Mall. They are the best! And, I love all their great salsas.