“One of the Best Ramen Places!”

Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Rosemead
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

What can I say about this ramen place. It's simple the best ramen you can find. I truly enjoy eating here all the time. I always bring my family with me to eat the ramen here and will always be full after each meal. The noodles and soup broth are simply the best tasting combination at the restaurant. I will always come back to this ramen place for all my ramen fixes!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

After 1 hour in line at about 2pm on a weekday afternoon, we were quickly seated. Great vibes. $1 Kirin beer. Like the menu where you can build your own bowl of ramen. A basic bowl of ramen with cha siu, noodles and green onions costs $6.95, and all other toppings (too many to choose) are extras.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We go to Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi for great authentic ramen and that's what we get. The taste is consistent with other Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi around the Southland. It is worth the wait. Trust me.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stopped by this place after a late check-in at a hotel nearby and felt like some warm comfort Asian food. We were trying to decided between pho or ramen but found this place highly recommended on both TA and Yelp so we decided to give it a try. We arrived around 10 pm and there were 4 parties waiting for tables in front of us. Be sure to register yourself on the waiting list placed on the stand right outside the door rather than waiting for a server to attend to you as this place is busy! I would recommend to go mainly with the ramen as it was truly delicious, with excellent texture to the noodle and a very balanced broth. We ordered some other dishes such as gyoza, a sweet potato dish and something else which I can't remembered as none other than the ramen really stood out. Just go for the ramen and you will be glad you did!!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have found an authentic Ramen place near where I live aside of course from Fujin Ramen. They serve one type of ramen, the Hakata. We didn't wait in line that long as it was late in the afternoon. I guess we were just lucky. We were also seated at the bar as I watched this Japanese guy does his thing. This is a legit place! The staff was very helpful as well. Great prices too!