“Very tasty food with a lot of variety”
Review of Banh Mi Che Cali

Banh Mi Che Cali
Ranked #42 of 144 Restaurants in Rosemead
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I haven't had much Vietnamese food in my life but this place was recommended to us and I wasn't disappointed. I love noodles so I knew ahead of time I wanted some pho. They have so many varieties of pho soup that it was hard to decide what to eat. In the end I ordered the wonton soup and it was yummy. My only issue was that I don't like cilantro so picked it out of the bowl however the cilantro flavor was in the broth a bit. There were lots of noodles and some pork balls in the soup also. Bean sprouts, green pepper were on the side to add to the soup. The wontons were the best part of the soup. I also ordered the pork and shrimp spring rolls. They come with peanut sauce. I don't know what else they put in the sauce but it was very tasty and it went well with the spring rolls. The rolls were stuffed full of pork and shrimp. I couldn't eat everything so brought soup and a spring roll home. There are several other dishes I would like to try next time if I go back to that neighborhood. They also have sandwiches on French rolls, French baguettes and other items I'm not familiar with. Very reasonable prices. If you eat in the restaurant, you are served at your table. The wait staff don't necessarily understand or speak English that well. But all in all, a great find!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 19 January 2015

This place has a lot to offer, food wise. They have Chinese and Vietnamese dished on the restaurant area but also has sandwiches and desserts on the adjacent area. They also have baked goods. I love their Vietnamese sandwiches and the noodle dishes. This is not a typical area that I would normally go to but certain events brought me here.

This is the second time I came here and I'm very satisfied with the food. The service on the other hand was lousy. The first time on of the cashier was being totally rude and snobby. Must be her time of the month. No smile, no greetings, no "thank you" after the purchase. This time we don't deal with her but our server got one of our orders wrong. The wrong dish wasn't bad but it wasn't what we wanted. Luckily, my meal was served correctly.

The prices are very good compared to Western restaurants. My bowl of noodle with shrimp and pork came out to less than $7. I also love their Thai ice tea.

I probably would not come here again on purpose but if I happen to be in the area I'd overlook some bad service for their good food.

Date of visit: January 2015