“Fresh variety”

Kami Buffet and Grill
Ranked #69 of 133 Restaurants in Rosemead
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The Mongolian BBQ station allowed a good degree of spur of the moment customization adding personal preference to the hundreds of prepared buffet entrees. The staff were always cleaning - a necessity for any attractive buffet where guests spill as they walk. Our party endorsed the sushi as well as traditional hot Asian fare but found the desserts below expectations.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

It was extremely busy for dinner. Had to wait about 30 minutes for table. Good variety of food, but was not clean around buffet area. Lots of people touching food, especially kids when going through line.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Formally a Charlie Brown's, so there is Asian decor over bare wood that is meant to look luxurious, but comes off a little kitchy.
There is a salad bar, a sushi par, a dessert bar, and a stir fry station. The service at the stir fry station is sometimes good, sometimes slow. There is a good variety at the steam tables, so if you are impatient, I suggest you skip the stir fry station.
It is clean, not too loud, the salads are fresh, even if there is a good, but not enormous variety at that station.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Not the best Asian buffet in the area but it's value for your money. For lunch, it's like $12 and dinner around $16. For that price, you have plenty of choices to choose from and of good quality. We were there twice last week. Once for lunch on Saturday after a funeral and then for dinner with friends one night. We especially enjoyed their sushi station and the free-flowing crab legs. The crab legs were very meaty and tasty. Lots of dessert items, including creme brulee. The place was busy both times we were there, even on a Tuesday evening. They even had people sitting outside the patio.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I went there for a quick business lunch yesterday and enjoyed it, so I went back for dinner. At dinner I sat next to two guys who had at least 5 pretty full plates each. They ate everything fast; it was not a pretty sight.
It's very good value for money and there is a good selection, but it is not anywhere near fine dining. I don't think I'd take my wife there.

Pros: ample parking at the restaurant, good value, big selection of food (Mongolian BBQ, Chinese, sushi, seafood and more).

Cons: some people eat like they haven't seen food for a month. They don't take AMEX and less than $20 they charged me about a 50 fee to take my Visa card.

The restaurant was 95% full of Asian people so the food is good.

I'll return, but only on my own for a quick meal. It's about $11.00 for lunch and $16.00 for dinner with very similar food selection at each.

1  Thank Longmont_Mitch