All reviews would stay here again rooms are clean bacon gm california
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We were not sure when we first looked to stay here because it was such a good deal. Im so happy we did. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and newer style. Usually I freak out if i dont have socks on in a hotel and I noticed I didnt mind lol. The carpet wasnt all nasty. The assistant manager was so helpful and friendly. Smiles ear to ear. Her name is Kayla and shes super helpful and you dont feel like a burden. Also the house keeper her name is Chanawyah they call her Sha Sha. I had a do not disturb sign out cause I didnt want service. But then a friend said Im coming over be there in 45 minutes and this was waayyyyy late in the day. I asked if she still had time and she literally stopped the room she was doing and went all the way back to mine. With a smile saying no problem at all. And quickly did a great job. The breakfast is great. All the normal stuff PLUS eggs, bacon, potatos, waffles, and alot more. Pool and hot tub were nice and clean. Area feels safe. Its right next to the freeway but you cant hear it in the rooms. Same parking area has a Dennys, Arbys, and Jack in The Box (open 24/7) Rooms have a nice big mini fridge, microwave,good cold air, and i love that when you close the curtains its dark. Like i said i was nervouse at first cause it was a spe ial and cheaper than a Motel 6 so I figured something must be wrong. But we have been here 3 days and Im so happy and comfortable that I thought other people should know. A+ place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rainside
SheffieldC5, General Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback Is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each stay. For future stays please join us again at the SureStay Plus located in Rocklin, CA.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Came down for the day with my husband and kids to swim at the hotel, shop, hit studio movie grill, etc. when we arrived the lobby was as very warm. The ride up the elevator was scary to say the least, very loud, shaky and obviously needs attention. The second floor reeked of sewer, it later went away but yuck! Our room smelled like some sort of chemical, plastic-ish, our bathroom door creaked SO loud and the alarm lock had the wrong time by several hours. We took the kids to the pool, but they wouldn’t go in after I fished a cigarette butt out. Luckily we spent most of the evening out. We went to bed but were awoken by the clock alarm that went off at 1am! Then again and again by the bathroom door in the night. I noticed the sure stay “make it right” policy in the lobby but unfortunately the manager wasn’t on duty and the man (whom was very nice but not able to help) who was at the front desk informed me he didn’t even work for the hotel but rather was helping his friend out (the manager). Maybe there are other rooms that are better but 208 was not good.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rachele T
SheffieldC5, General Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Rachele T

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience within our hotel, we greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the hotel that need updating. We take guests concerns very seriously and will make it our priority to reach all of the satisfactions that we failed to meet during your time of stay. It is our job to make sure your stay with us is pleasant and will continue to focus on meeting our guests requests.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

After reading some of these reviews I figured I would put my $.02 in. I travel to Rocklin once a month for meetings and stay 4 nights. I look for clean rooms, good price and free breakfast. This place has that. It's even better after the remodel (which is still in process). I'm always treated with respect and check-in without issue. For the price, this place is without a doubt the best value for the money!
Try not to listen to the menopausal debby downer crab apple that would complain because the sky is too blue!
This is a discount hotel and not Tah Mahal.
Some people smoke MJ (its legal in ca) I agree the smoking area needs to be farther than the back door and not aloud in the hotel.
There are homeless.. You are in the liberal state of California! Thank your elected officials!
They are currently working to update the rooms.. things break

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank motoxracer690

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel, we appreciate your positive feedback, it is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each stay. For future stays please join us again at the SureStay Plus located in Rocklin, CA.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We checked into our room. 2 Beds were separated by a kitchenette, which seemed odd. TV was in the middle of wall on shelf. Remote did not work correctly. First thing my husband does is check AC filters before turning it on. They were filthy. He took them into bathroom and wanted to rinse them in shower. Handle came off in his hand! He notified the front desk. They said they would send someone immediately. Since it still worked if you put it on, and it was getting late, he told them to fix it during the following day. We were out from 10am to almost 5pm and NO ONE came to fix it or even change the linens or give us fresh towels! When my husband went to front desk, the clerk was a little surprised but offered no remedy, as no maintenance or cleaning staff were there. He just handed us a few towels. When we checked out the next day, my husband told the front desk about the problems, and they at least took $50 off our bill. For that reason only did I give this place 2 stars.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

We apologize for the inconvenience within our hotel, we greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the hotel that need updating. We take guests concerns very seriously and will make it our priority to reach all of the satisfactions that we failed to meet during your time of stay. We will continue to update our hotel and make changes within our hotel to assure that all guests needs are being met.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I want to start off by saying I am teacher who was taking a 4 day field trip with 13 year old students. This hotel was booked for us by our district. I checked the reviews and was so concerned that I called and personally spoke to the manager. He assured me that those reviews were old (prior to a change in management and remodel) and that I would be completely satisfied with my stay.

Upon arrival, our rooms were not ready because of a broken boiler, not the best start but understandable...however, when asked for someplace to store our luggage they said they did not have anyplace for us to put them, but we could wait in the lobby. The lobby had no air, and it was well over 90 in there. We decided to pack our luggage back in the car and return in an hour. An hour later, a rooms were still not ready. We were able to get one of our 4 reserved rooms, so we piled all our things in there and went to dinner. We returned from dinner and 2 of our rooms were still not cleaned. We did not get all our rooms until 8:30! Keep in mind we are teachers traveling with minor students.

The next day I noticed a filthy plunger in a bucket in the hall. It stayed there for 2 full days. During the night, someone was smoking a cigar and marijuana in the hallway near the fire exit. On the third night, the fire exit door handles were missing!!!! In the event of a fire, we would not have been able to use the stairs, basically trapped. This is the same evening that we witnessed a group of homeless people sleeping around the pool (and were still there in the morning) and a guest had their car stolen out of the parking lot.

This is the worst hotel experience I have had in a long time. They were on a recommended list for a large state competition that was held locally. I plan to let them know to take this hotel off their list, it is not safe!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Allison D

We apologize for the inconvenience within our hotel, we greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. We take guests concerns very seriously and will make it our priority to reach all of the satisfactions that we failed to meet during your time of stay.