See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I stayed at the Thunderbird twice in early April of 2018 during round of business trips. Both rooms were clean and nicely painted bright colors, grounds were well taken care of and staff friendly and helpful.

It is close to everything in Riverside and the price point is outstanding, my rooms were much nicer than what I stayed at near the Ontario airport and at 2/3 the price.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed 2 nights. The room was hot and smelled like urine. I sprayed perfume didn't help. We had to move the microwave/ refrigerator stand to plug in the hair dryer. The bedspread was wrinkled as were the sheets and pillow cases. The carpet was horrible, I was afraid to walk on it without shoes. The tub had standing water in it, was not sure why. When we returned the second day the air was turned off and the room was hot and smelled again, and we had to move the TV stand to plug the TV in. Strange, Strange things. The pool had a sign on the gate CLOSED, it looked dirty and green. Not going back

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nkerns2017
Reviewed 29 June 2017

There is nothing worse than a dirty bathroom. The toilet had urine and other unmentionables, the shower/bathtub had dead bugs and long hair in it. We tried to stick it out, but then the they turned off the air on a 109 degree day. We were in Southern California for a funeral. The front desk person said they tell the cleaning staff to turn it off while guests are gone?! It had to be 100 degrees in the room. It took until midnight to make the room livable. The pool is closed, which is mentioned nowhere. They said we could swim in it if we wanted, but there had been cleaning of that either for some time. The coffee pot didn't work. The front desk people had to find one that worked. The desk staff were nice but sometimes were hard to find. I had to call one time to find her because the cleaning staff failed to replace toilet paper. We left after a day in a half.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Check in was nice, but the key didn't work the first time. 1/3 of the hotel was under renovation and kept neat. Our room was stuffy, but clean. Later there was a homeless woman blocking the staircase and asking me for a blanket. Air Conditioner worked, but noisy and turned off and on all night. The coffee pot in the room was broken, so we went down for breakfast. Saturday morning, no breakfast, no one at the front desk after waiting a few minutes, we went back to the room, packed our bags and left.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2017

We were going to run the Spirit of the Tribes 5k at UCR the next morning. We were able to get a room, pretty last minute about 2 weeks before. There were 4 adults and we got the suite that has a pull put sofa. If the sofa bed was upgraded I would have given an Excellent rating. Very clean & comfortable. I thought I was going to be disappointed because we usually stay at the Mission Inn. But this was a nice alternative that fit our budget.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family