“Lunch special was really good”
Review of Bella Trattoria

Bella Trattoria
Ranked #24 of 784 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy sidewalk dining at its best. Bella Trattoria invites you to savor delicious authentic Italian cuisine in an elegant European setting. Tempt the palate with delicious pastas, savory sauces, Napoli-style pizza, freshly baked focaccia and more. This restaurant was influenced by the authentic Italian cuisine, enjoyed by Duane and Kelly Roberts, owners of The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa, enjoyed while on their travels throughout Italy.
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I asked for a lunch pizza with mushrooms, and salad. My husband asked for the lunch Bolognese with minestrone soup and our cousin had lasagna. We were given bread before the meal with a Olive Tapenade which was excellent. We were pleased with our food and the service. The Mission Inn is very elegant and the restaurant was as well. If in the city we would come back and try the other restaurants in the Mission Inn.

Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Bella Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear epuya,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us at Bella Trattoria. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review; we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with friends and we were blown away how fantastic everything was. Love the location at the Mission Inn building too; like we were eating in Italy. The caprese salad was so good, and the shrimp carbonara pasta was the absolute best I have ever eaten, anywhere. Hands down. It was savory and very well made. Every ingredient was complimented and nothing was overwhelming. I wish this place was in my hometown cause I’d eat there often. This place was perfect for lunch and I can only imagine how fantastic the ambience is for dinner. Dessert menu looked fabulous too but I was so full.

Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Bella Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Christina K,

We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at Bella Trattoria! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave us this stunning review. We hope you come back soon and try our outstanding desserts.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Traveling solo on business and sat so long waiting for someone, anyone, to take my order I had to ask. I purposefully ordered a less expensive entree and no drinks, as the restaurant does not deserve any more business than necessary. The apparent manager has yet to venture beyond the maitre de stand to ask her customers about their experience. Other diners are getting faster service. The one bright spot is Andrew, who is delivering bread and keeping everyone’s water glasses filled.

Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Bella Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Timothy998.

We are sorry to hear about the dissatisfactory service you received at Bella Trattoria. We agree; this kind of behavior is unacceptable and we will be taking your feedback into consideration and counsel our staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us another chance and consider returning in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

The smell alone drew us into this restaurant on the corner of the Mission Inn. We came just after they closed at 3pm on a Sunday. As we circled in sidewalk, thinking of Plan B, the manager called us over and said we could eat at a table outside. We were thrilled, as the whiffs of Italian deliciousness followed us on the sidewalk. The wait staff was very gracious and made us feel so welcome. Water was filled constantly! Never had to ask. Our dishes ordered: Meat Lovers pizza was amazing. It was a good deal. Two people ordered the Linguini with Clam Sauce. They both said it was the most flavorful clams ever. I had the Eggplant Parmesan. It was very tasty, but I prefer it a bit more firm, and I would have liked a side salad or pasta to grace the plate, though I was offered spaghetti to go with it by the waitress. I felt it should come with the plate. But overall, our experience was great, food was great, and we loved the atmosphere of the patio. Thanks to the manager, Maynor, for letting us dine though it had just closed. Forgive me if I did not spell his name correctly.

Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Bella Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear TeresaTT,

We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Bella Trattoria and that our entire staff made you feel welcome during your lunch. Thank you for the great review; we hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Beautiful location, great wait staff. When asking the waiter about the "house made" pasta we were told that none of their pasta is fresh or made in house because " that was the old chef". strike one - Misleading menu. But the real problem here is the food. 2 of 3 entrees were sent back. The salmon entree and chicken Marsala were both so salty ( and I Like salt in my food) and other than that tasteless. The chicken was also overcooked to the point of being rubbery. The Cesar salad was just ok but nothing that you could not get at any chain restaurant. frankly I just expect more from a restaurant on the property of the gorgeous Mission Inn.

1  Thank Bonnie V
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Bella Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Bonnie V,

Pasta secca (dry pasta) is utilized for certain dishes. Fresh pasta is utilized for dishes with delicate sauces. Our menu has changed and we removed the verbiage “fresh pasta” from the menu. Our cuisine style is back to Southern style. Fresh pasta is made from high gluten flour and eggs; on the contrary, pasta secca has no eggs and is made from semolina and water and is used for hearty dishes, which is what our menu mainly consists of. Fresh is no better than dry pasta; they are both different. We apologize for any confusion about the pasta.

As for the dishes you had, we are greatly disappointed to hear you were not satisfied but are still very grateful that this has been brought to our attention. We will be sure to properly utilize your feedback and make any necessary changes to improve our dishes. Thank you for your review. We hope you will consider returning in the future to give us another chance.