“Chinese Chicken Salad???”

Franklin Street Cafe
Ranked #79 of 304 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I have eaten at Franklin Street Cafe many times and have enjoyed many breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I love the fact that they have a "buy one entre and get 50% off the second entre. I had lunch with friends and we went to Franklin Street Cafe. I was so disappointed with the Chinese Chicken Salad I ordered. It was just a bowl of shredded cabbage with 5 or 6 mandarin oranges surrounding the cabbage. I asked for the dressing on the side. This was a mayonnaise-based dressing. Nothing about this salad was Chinese!! On the whole, I was disappointed with my meal, but I will continue to go to Franklin Street Cafe because they have good food, great service and friendly staff.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I never get disappointed when going to Franklin St Cafe. Servings are huge and delicious at a fair price. The staff is friendly. Usually it doesn't take them too long to get your food ready, so it's a nice place to eat while you wait for your Caltrain (or anytime really). (Once my takeout order took a while longer than expected to get ready, but I guess it was because the place was crowded. Still, the dish's deliciousness made it up for it.) Also the menu has plenty of options for all kinds of tastes, and breakfast menu is served all day, which is great.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I ate breakfast here each morning during my stay. The breakfast was prepared quickly. I had omelets, pancakes, eggs with hash browns. They were already open when I arrived there at 7 a.m. each of the three days, and the staff was cheerful and efficient. It's good food.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

We had 6 people...Sat outside, it was easier for conversation. The facility is small, located in a shopping center right next to Cal-Train. You order at the main counter, and the menu was nice. We had six different dishes, and everyone was pleased. The service was average. Good food... Good company.... But poor surroundings.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here for over 15 years and it is still a winner. Had a wonderful brunch here with my husband. Very friendly service and hearty portions. Clientele also very friendly. Just a cool neighborhood place!