“Still yummy after all these years”

Franklin Street Cafe
Ranked #76 of 316 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here for over 15 years and it is still a winner. Had a wonderful brunch here with my husband. Very friendly service and hearty portions. Clientele also very friendly. Just a cool neighborhood place!

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I was on CalTrain nearing my stop and I was hoping to grab a cup of coffee. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw "Franklin Cafe". I got a double latte - delicious and I was able to get a something with meat (yay!). My cheeseburger not only came with French fries but with a side salad as well. Score score score! This is a nice balance -salad and burger.

The ambiance inside the cafe is nice and the waitstaff attentive. There's even a patio for added cafe ambience. The burger was okay, but with the dressing it's nice. Lucky this place is convenient (within steps of CalTrain Redwood City).

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Short girl who works as a server has a really bad attitude. On 9/9/2015 I was met at the counter by a very belligerent little server. Looks down her nose at the customer and with a very smart mouth and rolling the eyes she tells the customer there manager is to busy to talk to customers. Your kidding, right? Then the manager sees me and walks over and sees me and said hello. I explain the girls bad attitude and the whole time she is stairing daggers at me and then opens her nasty mouth again. I told them thats why they are always empty. 10 customers a day is busy for this place. Ask yourself why?

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 28 April 2015

The way it works here you line up and order from a counter and then someone delivers the meal to you. The food is generally okay and pleasant but nothing special. Sometimes they get it wrong, like a poached egg is more like a hardboiled egg, if you bring it to ther attention they make the change. The potatoes they serve here is always disappointing for some reason. The coffee is not so good here, though unlimited.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I agree with the others--great place for a pre-farmer's market breakfast! The sandwiches and salads are wonderful--ripe delicious tomatoes, good quality breads and sandwich rolls and the fries have a good crisp to them. We also get take-out here, which is handled efficiently. My only criticism is that the "cheesy bread"seems a misnomer. I expected gooey, melted cheese and instead the topping was a very very rich and intense salty, pureed garlic mixed with an herb and perhaps sour cream? It tasted like something one would use to top escargot or pesto for pasta, which is fine but the description on the menu should say "garlic spread" or something more accurate to the character of the dish. Everything else I have had here--pastas, seafood, etc. have been high quality and delicious...