All reviews newer hotel pool and gym covered parking nice business hotel parking fee fitness center free wifi freeway rwc tv uber garage couch cleanliness
Reviewed 1 November 2017

The hotel is new - and seems to have opened before being completely finished. Pool is close for repairs, sparse furnishings throughout the hotel. Our room was a suite with the standard efficiency furniture - ended up with a big room with no furniture. The highway is VERY noisy - definitely not soundproof windows - kept me up all night. The dresser drawers were in the common area instead of the bedroom - very strange. The sliding door out to the balcony doesn't have a lock! Doesn't seem secure.

Room Tip: stay away from the highway!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry that the complimentary upgrade wasn't a particularly good fit. Thank you for letting us know about the lock. I will have someone check it today. The windows is are definitely insulated but I understand guests have different levels of sensitivity. I apologize it was not a restful evening. Thank you for the feedback and for staying with us. Take care.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Redwood City has not had many hotel choices, with travelers having to brave the US 101 corridor (a mess at most times) to find a decent, clean, quiet, and safe hotel to stay in. But look no further, the Courtyard Marriott has really stepped up the hotel game in the area - I stayed for business in October 2017, and will stay again when back. Everything was great, the rate, the service, the room, the decor, the water pressure, the hot water, the HVAC, the cleanliness, the bar, the dinner, the breakfast, the gym, it was just ALL dialed in, and very appreciated. The wifi was fast, the staff was friendly - everyone was paying attention and making my stay great. This is by far the best Courtyard I have ever stayed in, and was way above what I was expecting from this Marriott chain. Definitely a change in the right direction. One note about the $14 parking fee; in this area, you're exceptionally lucky finding a decent hotel that will charge you less than $20 to self-park. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for what I consider to be the Best Review of the Year for the Courtyard Redwood City! WOW! You really hit all the points in a fabulously concise way. We've had our challenges in our first 7 months since opening but it's nice to see we are hitting our stride. Thank you for your positive survey and and encouragement. I hope you'll stop by and say hello next time you find yourself in the area.

All the best,

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Choose this newer Marriott Courtyard due to its location near the San Francisco airport and its great price of only $119 for our room on a Friday night. No complaints about the comfortable rooms, helpful staff and the large bar/restaurant area just off the lobby. I was a little miffed about the $14.00 parking charge when they have their own parking, but hey its California and every hotel seems to charge for it.

We found a number of restaurant choices nearby and were pleased with our stay. It was maybe a 20 minute ride to the airport in the morning. There are other Marriott properties slightly closer to the airport such as a Fairfield Inn, Courtyard and Springhill Suites all similarly located just off CA 101.

After paying over $200 a night for nearly all our hotel stays on this California vacation, it was nice to see a beautiful new property at only $119 a night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Nick,

Thank you for the very nice review. Sorry about the $14 parking. It is relatively common in this market. I appreciate the kind words and am glad you were able to enjoy a great value on a Friday night. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Stated this court yard twice for business and it is a relatively new hotel so everything is functional clean and crisp. The bistro area is larger than most courtyards I have been to in the past. Staff is always friendly and helpful. They do have a fitness center and it is bigger than just two treadmills and a bicycle though still rather small for the avid exercise fanatic. My only real complaint is the parking and not that there isn't enough parking but that they charge you the daily rate for parking when the parking garage is attached directly to the building and there is no valet. Other than that nice hotel quiet and comfortable as a hotel can be.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Tony, thank you for the nice review. I apologize for your frustration with the parking fee but it is relatively common in this area, sir. That being said, I appreciate your understanding and I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

After almost 2 months of calling them and not returning my call.. I was told that they never found my dad's clothes and that they have nothing else they can do.. poor customer service and communication.. don't bother staying there..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Sir, I certainly understand the frustration that can come with lost items, even more so when you feel certain that you left them somewhere and they are nowhere to be found. After you spoke with the Assistant General Manager regarding your lost items I personally researched your stay with us this past July. I have also personally reviewed our lost and found logs and show no record of prior inquiries regarding your lost items or the evidence of the items themselves, and for this I am sincerely sorry we could not further assist you in being reunited with your items.

I find it unfortunate that after our best efforts to find your items, you felt the need to close the conversation with the intent to “post a negative review”. Again, please accept my sincere apologies that we couldn’t make this right for you. I am extremely disappointed that this translated into poor service in your review. As always we are at your service.