All reviews newer hotel pool and gym covered parking nice business hotel parking fee fitness center free wifi freeway rwc tv uber garage couch cleanliness
Reviewed 8 September 2017

After almost 2 months of calling them and not returning my call.. I was told that they never found my dad's clothes and that they have nothing else they can do.. poor customer service and communication.. don't bother staying there..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Sir, I certainly understand the frustration that can come with lost items, even more so when you feel certain that you left them somewhere and they are nowhere to be found. After you spoke with the Assistant General Manager regarding your lost items I personally researched your stay with us this past July. I have also personally reviewed our lost and found logs and show no record of prior inquiries regarding your lost items or the evidence of the items themselves, and for this I am sincerely sorry we could not further assist you in being reunited with your items.

I find it unfortunate that after our best efforts to find your items, you felt the need to close the conversation with the intent to “post a negative review”. Again, please accept my sincere apologies that we couldn’t make this right for you. I am extremely disappointed that this translated into poor service in your review. As always we are at your service.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is a new and modern hotel. It has a large lobby with a restaurant and everything in both the lobbies and rooms is very clean and modern. There are 5 levels to this hotel with an outdoor pool in the middle. They have covered parking for an additional $14 per night. The location overlooks the freeway on one side and town homes on the other side. It’s very easy freeway access and you can also get a Lyft or Uber in 5 mins. The room we had was average size, but very nice and included both a microwave and mini refrigerator. The bed was also very comfortable and the shower was quite large; although, there wasn’t a bathtub. Overall, we would definitely consider staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

David A, thank you for the very nice review! We're working hard here at the Courtyard by Marriott Redwood City and it's nice to see compliments from guests like you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time you find yourself in the Redwood City area.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

There aren't a lot of good options for hotels in the area at reasonable prices .. and this new Courtyard is one of them. The most disappointing thing was sleep quality. Staff were completely unresponsive to nighttime noise complaints, and I had a neighbor in the room next door playing loud music and loud TV ALL NIGHT LONG. I called for help, repeatedly, since as a woman traveling alone I didn't want to confront the guest on my own, and I was ignored. Two problems here: the complete lack of sound insulation, and the lack of responsiveness from the staff!

The hotel itself has one major thing going for it right now: newness. It is clean and fresh. Parking is good but expensive (I don't get the $14/day charge when it's on a dead end road on the wrong side of town in an area where no one else charges for parking). Bedroom itself was small and cramped although bathroom size was generous, almost as big as the room. Not sure why they did that! Odd furniture custom made to fit in a room that was all corners. Tiny closet with only 4 hangers! Shower could be improved with a handheld as water pressure was lacking. Only basic toiletries .. I missed the lotion the other Courtyard locations put in rooms. Housekeeping was uneven and on the one day when I forgot to leave a tip, nonexistent. My room was never vacuumed during my stay. Front desk staff seemed poorly trained and a little distracted when I interacted with them, and never noticed or acknowledged my Marriott status. The lobby is very comfortable with lots of couches and tables for gathering, good for meetings and there is a small but adequate restaurant as well as a shop with microwave-ready basics and snacks. Pool and gym were on the small side.

Internet connection was adequate for email. It's not pretty - the picture on Trip Advisor is almost unrecognizable, in person we are talking about a bit of an eyesore looking out over the 101 freeway (on the + side, you couldn't be closer to the 101 if that's what you need) This hotel is very average now but reasonably comfortable and convenient, however, I'm not sure I'll be willing to visit a year from now when things start to get dirty!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the freeway and on the top floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 512ellengh
Arturo S, General Manager at Courtyard Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

512ellengh,

Thank you for your review. We are definitely working through some 'growing pains' as we opened just 5 months ago. I apologize for the issues with housekeeping and what sounds like a noisy stay and our lack of response to said complaints. I appreciate the thorough feedback and rest assured we will work on them in the time to come.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

It's a little strange getting to this hotel. Prepare for that. Once you arrive everything is well-lit and there is enough parking for all guests.

Speaking of Parking -- it is NOT secure and yet there is a $14/day parking fee. I don't get it. I could understand if there was some sort of security or an attendant was walking around or something -- but there is not. I arrived late several nights and had to park on the 2nd floor. I didn't see a soul.

Check in was quick and to the point. I needed a bottle of water and it was $3+ at the little market. Bring your own if you don't want to pay that.

My room was clean and I slept well -- which was my purpose for being there. I was in a corner room on the "inside" looking out at the pool - which made the configuration a little strange. The nightstand was SUPER small. I had to put the phone on the floor to put my ipad and phone on it. Also the room was a little dark. If you look at the other travelers' photos you can see they are a little dark. I wasn't there much so it didn't bother me. The air conditioner is very noisy as others have mentioned. Pro-tip: Turn the fan permanently on in order to not be annoyed at it going on and off.

The bathroom has a great configuration with a strange little shelf that is surprisingly super helpful when showering. I wish I had taken a photo.

Someone else made the comment that being at the pool seemed like you're in a prison yard. I CAN TOTALLY see that. My view was to the inside "prison yard". Maybe it's not that bad -- but there was a lot of shade going on around the pool. One thing -- having the pool on the interior kept people that are not guests out.

The breakfast bar is fine. The staff was nice but admittedly understaffed. And the hotel was full. So you can imagine -- sleepy travelers needing coffee + understaffed coffee bar = long lines and annoyed people. Once you ordered it was pretty quick.

Not the most amazing stay but thankfully again it was clean and I slept well.

Room Tip: If the traffic annoys you from the highway, ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Nolaundry,

Thank you for submitting a survey. I'm sorry to hear it was not the most pleasant stay. Though we do not have parking valet, it is an indoor parking structure and parking is relatively common in this market. However, I do understand your frustration with the parking fee. Please know we are doing our best to work through our areas of opportunity. Should you find yourself in the area again, I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Staying here for six nights on business and I am Marriott rewards gold. So was given the smallest room as far away from the lift as possible in the hotel. The shower takes 20 minutes plus to get warm. The through the wall air-conditioner is so noisy I have had to turn it off to be able to sleep. I have complained to reception on returning from the office today to be told that the hotel has teething problems with the hot water and they will try and move me tomorrow but cannot today. For the price they are charging mid week this place is very poor value and they even charge an extra $14 a day for parking. It does have a swimming pool, although it feels more like an exercise yard in a prison being in a triangular space and close by three stories are building on all sides. There are much better hotels nearby and I will not be staying here again. Finally I have the upgraded high speed Internet however this is so bad I had to abandon my WebEx calls as the connection keep suddenly running very slow and dropping out.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

OftenFlys,

I'm sorry to hear you had such a poor stay. I completely understand your frustration with the water and air conditioning issues. Should you find yourself in the area again, please feel free to reach out to me directly, as we'd like to earn an opportunity to make things right.