“Extremely Rough Around the Edges”
Review of Redondo Pier Inn

Redondo Pier Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I wanted to enjoy this hotel and judging by the photos on Tripadvisor, I knew that I was not getting a ton of amenities and that it would be a good place to relax at the end of the day.

Upon arrival, my husband and I were assigned a room that reeked of cigarette smoke, despite the non-smoking sign. The window was open and there were cigarette ashes sprinkled by the window. The room had apparently just been cleaned. Since my husband and I have breathing problems, I knew this would not work for 5 days.

We were then placed in a different room that was slightly cleaner, but still had...a smell. It smelled like older smoke but it was tolerable. We were happy that this room had hardwood floor as opposed to the carpet in the other room.

We then started to settle in and noticed a few things. There was an ironing board and no iron. The website stated there would be a hairdryer and there wasn't one. Apparently these need to be requested from the office, which we did and were given them to to take to our room.

After dinner we took our food back to our room and noticed another thing missing. The refrigerator. There was a huge spot for one and it was missing. Back down to the office, the manager said he would get us one for the next day and...gave us a cooler in the meantime. We never received a refrigerator the entire trip.

Overall, expect minimum amounts of towels, no amenities, smelly rooms, a sink clogged with hair, shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the bathroom (no tiny bottles), doors that dont close unless you slam them shut, and a very sparse room.

Literally, the only plus side was that the bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley T
There are newer reviews for Redondo Pier Inn

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Wow, let me start by saying Dee is awesome. First time I went to Redondo Pier Inn was with a group of friends & Dee has such a warm greeting. The room is very spacious. The shower & pool clean! You can literally walk to the beach. It's nice and quite at night. My friends and I check everything off our list. So it was time to go, but my friend was rushing me, so guess what.... I arrive to Las Vegas as I'm unpacking my bag, I call my friend and ask her if my makeup bag in her trunk & she reply no. I started freaking out and if your a girl you understand. So I call Redondo Pier Inn, Dee answer the phone and sure enough my makeup bag was their. So I told him I'll pick it up within a month or so. If he can hold it for me, so I did & had to stay another night. From what I see and experience Dee is a caring person.
I thank him so much for taking care of my make up & keeping his word.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Julissa F
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Good locations , 5 min walking to the beach. Nice, confortable rooms, remodeled. Outdoor not fancy at all. The elevator has problems at stays all the time at the 1st floor.
Friendly staff. Is not bad but somehow after seeing the photos I had set up higher expectations.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank whereisdannalove
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last night with some friends. Dee and Nemu at the front desk were extremely friendly and welcoming! They really made our stay a memorable one.
The room was affordable, and despite the hotel looking a little run down in the outside the room itself was newly remodeled, chic and very comfortable.
Would recommend!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2016

So I was a little skeptical about this place because of the color they chose to paint it. But alas, I was wrong. The front desk guy "D" was the man. He was super helpful and gave me tons of great advice. What a nice guy. Thanks D! It seems like they just remodeled because the beds were comfy and it had flat screens mounted to the walls. It was surprisingly quiet for being so close to PCH and you have the pier a block away. If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Redondo look no further and make sure to tell D at the front desk that JC sent you!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business