“Vegetarian choices to satisfy the carnivore”
Review of Happy Veggie

Happy Veggie
Ranked #63 of 298 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Description: ORDER FOOD Online from Happy Veggie - Powered By Clorder
Description: ORDER FOOD Online from Happy Veggie - Powered By Clorder
Reviewed 20 September 2015

As a vegetarian, I don't usually have much of a choice when dining out. Especially at an Asian restaurant, where the American versions of everything tend to be meat-laden. Perusing the menu at Happy Veggie was deliciously difficult, however, because everything on the menu is vegetarian. The restaurant features a great selection of ersatz meats with the texture and taste (as far as I can remember) of the genuine animal-based article. I only had time for one meal there, but would love to go back and try everything.

There are newer reviews for Happy Veggie

Reviewed 16 August 2015

We came here several time as a family of 5 vegetarians. The restaurant provided a wide range of selections. We always order Pho, it's signature item and Clay Pot, one of the very authentic Vietnamese Dish. The staff are friendly and helpful! The wait might be a bit long!

1  Thank Hien H
Reviewed 30 June 2015

This is a small hole in the wall type cafe/restaurant. It has a simple, yet pleasant, feel inside.

If you decide to go here, see if they're still doing a Groupon- we've been here 3 times, each time with a Groupon ($30 of food for $15-$18, depending on whether you buy when they have one of their many 20% off sales). The menu is large- about 4-6 pages- and it's all vegetarian (with faux shrimp thrown in). The menu also has a Thai feel to it (ie. Pad Thai, Thai ice tea). We got the Pad Thai (very tasty with a thick peanut sauce mixed in) and the Vegatarian Sandwich (essentially a humongous veggie sandiwich where instead of bread it's a tempura shell. It comes with a huge assortment of mint leaves, cilantro, and lettuce and is enough for 2 people to easily share.

The service was good- the wait staff was friendly and prompt.

We would definitely go back again- with a Groupon, of course, if they're still offered. :-) This isn't a "must eat" if you're visiting from out of town, but if you're looking for a good veggie place that is simple in decor, yet good on food, this is a place worth looking at.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Had a large group of 12 people. Service was quick. Good was excellent all around. Had the pho soup and spring rolls. The spring rolls were ok. Nothing spectacular but the pho soup was beyond good.

Wonderful ethereal flavored and textures. My wife had the broccoli beef and it was very good.

I would eat here again.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

The vegan Pho here is beyond excellent! I think this was one of the best meals I've ever had! We started with vegan spring rolls and they were perfect. I didn't need any sauce, they were very flavorful, perfectly rolled and I wished we ordered more! Then, the Pho arrived! I always wait with anticipation, and the broth was delightful! But, the best was yet to come, the veggies were excellent, the noodles were perfect but the mushroom balls were over the chart. I've never tasted mushroom balls before but the texture was similar to beef meatballs, the taste was so good. The tofu was cooked several ways, crazy right? I need to mention, I always add hoisin and sriracha to the broth, not here, the broth is so flavorful. I'm craving this soup right now. Absolute perfection for Pho lovers!