“Just the best!”
Review of Alhamra Halal Cafe

Alhamra Halal Cafe
Ranked #152 of 300 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We use to live around the corner and ate here 3-4 times a week.
Now 50 miles away, but on my way to lax and just had to stop by and pick up some take out for my hotel.
OMG it's still that good.
I have to sell up and move back to Redondo.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Awesome Middle East food. Great taste, big portions, friendly service. Authentic. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I thought the food was tasty, but overpriced for what youre getting. I ordered the lunch special for 7.99 and they attempted to upsell me to a 11.99 dish at lunch time. I wanted hummus and it was 2.99. Water was only offered for sale and not in a cup. Good food but price should be significantly reduced especially for lunch time to compete with others.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Used to like this place until this evening when they screwed up, and then lied about it, and tried to blame my boyfriend for their error.

I called in an order for pickup. My boyfriend was sitting next to me and obviously told me what he wanted (important detail for later). Boyfriend and I went to pick it up, I stayed in the car. We get home - wrong order. I call, lady apologizes and sounds panicked, no biggie though, he goes back alone to get our correct order. He gets home with the correct food and mine is so cold it's inedible. I got samosas and falafel - that needs to be remade, not just sitting for 25 minutes until we get back.

I drive back this time to just ask for my money back while the boyfriend enjoys his food. They have the nerve to tell me when my boyfriend came in initially, he agreed that we ordered 2 chicken dishes (we ordered 1 beef and one vegetarian dish), which is why they gave him the wrong order. In reality, they asked for my name so all he did is walk in and say "picking up an order for Sam". Would he completely forget what he himself ordered 10 minutes before? Absolutely not.

It was very clear the female employee lied to the male, likely her boss, and had to keep up the lie in front of him. What a ridiculous establishment. First, admit you screwed up. Who cares, just make it right. And second, don't ever say to your customer "I just want you to know this wasn't just our screw up, this was two ways!" and making me listen to "her version of the story" before giving me a refund. Childish all around.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

It's hard to define the cuisine exactly. I talked to the owner years ago when it first opened (I don't see him there anymore) and he said he wanted to serve a collection of great tasting food from a variety of places. I think he was Pakistani so we have Indian/Pakistani dishes plus Mid-Eastern/Greek items as well. The kabobs are great. It's hard to get one of the very few tables they have so many people get take-outs to enjoy at home. If you get a table they bring pita and hummus as free appetizer. One specialty they have is Lamb Biriyani. The best I have ever tasted. Great spiced rice casserole with nuts and dry fruits and of course lamb. They used to make a chicken one. Unfortunately for lamb haters, they only do lamb now. I have not had anything that I did not love here. It falls in the category of great clean ethnic hole-in-wall.