All reviews mosaic restaurant self parking beautiful hotel club level restaurant called turtle bay motorcycle trip sundial bridge civic auditorium sacramento river within walking distance fire pit restaurant next door parking lot room service place to stay oatmeal
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We travel from the SW to the PNW by car every August. It is OFF the freeway and ON the river. Staff are very professional with a nice personal touch. Thanks to Esther. No room looks onto the parking lot. Park like setting on both sides. Pool area is substantial and nicely appointed. The Mosaic restaurant is attached by a nice courtyard.
The grounds are right next to Turtle Bay Disvovery Park and the Sundial Bridge. Beautiful area. Nice value as well. So you should stop and enjoy this little gem.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Rooms fit Sheraton standards, that's more or less the unique positive observation. During my stay, one of the two elevators was permanently out-of-order. Having only one elevator in such a big facility is absolutely not enough!
I spent two nights in this hotel, from July 18th, 2018 to July 20th, 2018. My room rate was including breakfast for 2 adults and two kids. However, upon arrival, the hotel requested additionnal 80.00 USD deposit for breakfast on the top of the room rate. She informed me that actually the hotel is supporting only 40.00 USD/day for breakfast. Call it the way you want, but that's a swindle, a theft. This is not the first time I'm lodging in big hotels: the two previous days before getting there I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn (Medford, OR) and early May 2018, I was at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay… and some others big hotels in the past. NEVER one of these hotels has claimed any additionnal payment for breakfast while it's clearly stated in the offer that breakfast is included in the room rate. That's a shame for Sheraton brand!
Last (but not least), the second day, it took more than 1 hour before we got the 4 pancakes that we ordered during breakfast. Service was simply poor!
If nothing is improved, I will absolutely never recommend this hotel to other people.
P.S. Those who need proofs of my statements can be provided with a copy of my booking confirmation where they will see that breakfast was included and also a copy of the final invoice that Sheraton sent me by email after check-out where they will see my Mastercard being debited. Just ask me, and you will get them!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Papy N
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Good: Overall great experience. I would highly recommend the Mosaic restaurant. The food was great and staff there were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was remodeled recently and all facilities looked pretty new. I didn't notice any problem during my stay. The bed was comfort, the design were to the details. When I arrived, there was a wedding and the lobby was kind of noisy. But once I closed my door, all noise were gone, note that my room was on the same floor, only a few steps from the wedding. Awesome sound insulation.

Disappointment: Maybe it is due to I am not a elite member? I feel frustrated and not being valued when requesting for late checkout at 12:00 (1 hour late) as I was still having breakfast at hotel restaurant and it took longer than I expected. In the end, I had to ask the restaurant to check out first, then rushed back to my room to pack up, then went back to restaurant to finish my breakfast. My entire experience was ruined by that moment. DISAPPOINTED.

Me: "Morning, my breakfast might take longer, wondering if it is okay that we check out one hour late at 12:00?"
Staff: "Sorry, we don't accept late check out."
Me: "what, just an hour late. I am having breakfast at your restaurant."
Staff: "Sorry, we are fully booked today. We don't accept any late check out today."

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 4 July 2018

When we needed to stay in Redding overnight after getting a flat tire, we decided to stay here since we're very loyal to SPG hotels and have platinum status.

First, the basics: the experience was mostly in line with what I expect from a domestic Sheraton (the international ones tend to be better). The staff were professional and helpful in all our interactions with them. The rooms were modern and clean. The pool and hot tub were nice (though it seemed that pool towels were sometimes in short supply). The restaurant, Mosaic, wasn't bad.

However, the experience didn't quite measure up to what I expect as a platinum guest. In particular, I was disappointed not to be offered an upgraded room at check-in. Instead, the room we got was on the ground floor at the farthest end of the hotel from the lobby, restaurant, pool, and elevators to the club lounge, which made for a lot of walking down the long hallway.

As platinum guests, we did get access to the club lounge and stopped by for breakfast and for happy hour. The breakfast was decent: eggs and sausage, home fries (which were a little underdone), oatmeal, fresh fruit, muffins, toast, etc. There was an automatic espresso drink machine, which, as expected, produced a pretty terrible latte.

Happy hour in the club lounge was a mixed bag. On the plus side, they offered food that looked decent (though I didn't get a chance to try it). But unfortunately, the wine they were pouring was pretty lackluster. I would've appreciated better wine and/or more options (beer, spirits, etc.)

One final note: I usually prefer to stay in hotels that are located in walkable neighborhoods, but this hotel is not. If you want to get something to eat, your options are to eat at the Sheraton or to get in your car and drive somewhere. However, Redding isn't exactly a paragon of walkability so perhaps that's to be expected.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I was on a motorcycle trip through the western states and I needed a place to get my motorcycle serviced. I decided on Redding, CA since it was on the way and had a HD dealer. I saw the new Sheraton right by the Sundial Bridge so I decided to try it out since I’m a committed Marriott/SPG hoteler... Great move! The hotel is new and in great condition! The staff was extremely nice and helpful! Especially Lawrence, who worked as a vallet/bell hop! He was extremely friendly and made me feel welcomed! I look a little rough since I ride a motorcycle, but he saw through it and went out of his way to be friendly! I spent two nights at the hotel! Deja upgraded me to their presidential suite and it was awesome! They have an excellent restaurant as well! If your in Redding California and need a place to stay I highly recommend the Sheraton!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo