All reviews mosaic restaurant self parking beautiful hotel club level restaurant called turtle bay motorcycle trip sundial bridge civic auditorium sacramento river within walking distance fire pit restaurant next door room service parking lot place to stay oatmeal
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I live in Redding and I surprised her with a stay just for fun. So glad I did. We loved it! Gorgeous property in a great setting with the fun hustle-bustle next to the Sundial. Room was great but the best thing was the very eager-to-please staff! Emily and Justice were particularly amazing! Really went out of their way. And the club room for SPG members was terrific too. Wine on the balcony watching the sunset—magical! We absolutely loved our stay

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd R
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Plus#1- the staff. There is almost a Disneyland quality about the staff at this hotel. They are always ready to help, with a smile. Plus#2 - the location. This hotel is nestled in the valley between snow capped mountains. It is within walking distance of the Sacramento River and the Sundial Bridge. Next door to the Turtle Bay Exploration Park. Just lovely. Plus #3 - the room itself. The room was very comfortable. The TV had lots of channels. The closet lit up when you opened the doors. Refrigerator. Safe. But the best part was that each of the end tables is a charging station for any and all of your electrical devices. Negative: No free breakfast, and I am not a fan of avant-garde California cuisine.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank IrishDigger
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The Good - brand new hotel so in very good condition. Nice pool area with whirlpool. Front courtyard with fire pit. Staff was friendly and attentive. Plenty of parking. Very close to Sun Dial Bridge.

The Bad - not really bad but the only food option on site is a restaurant called Mosaic which is steps away from the hotel, but not affiliated with it. If you plan on eating at Mosaic plan ahead and make a reservation.

The Ugly - Nothing!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DVCBob
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I regularly come to Redding for work and usually stay at the Marriott Town Place. But no more! This property has only been open for 2 weeks, it even SMELLS new (not in a bad way). Here's the good, bad and ugly:

The Good:
- Probably the only hotel in Redding that has valet parking and bell hops to help with luggage. Also, Valet is very reasonable ($12).
- The rooms are extremely tasteful without trying too hard to be hipster or trendy. The beds are VERY comfortable, as are the pillows (and I'm a pillow nazi). I got one of the corner suites and loved it (even had a balcony!)
- Love the location. Away from hotel row over on Hilltop but close enough to everything. As a result, it's VERY quiet at night and no undesirable folks hanging out.

The Bad (I'm gonna have to knit pick here, not much "bad"):
- Service is pretty stuffy. I get it, they're new and trying to knock it out of the park. But they say things like "please let us know if you need anything, it's my intention to exceed all your expectations during your stay". Feels like a script. When I come dragging myself in after a 12 hour work day and 4 hour drive, I just want folks to be friendly. Funny enough, the maintainance guy was helping with luggage cause they were so busy (didn't catch his name), and he was the most genuine employee I encountered while still very professional. Someone give that guy a raise!!
- The restaurant food was great but it was LOUD and very crowded. I mean LOUD. I'm told they are getting a lot of local business so it's always busy. Wish they had room service so you could opt out of the noise and just eat in your room. But great menu and food. Ladies at the hostess stand were great and offered a warm welcome as I entered.

The Ugly
- Um... I got nothing for this one here!

Great Hotel that will only get better as they settle in. Even early on, they are easily the best hotel in town and my new place to stay. Five stars!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RockStar707
Reviewed 27 January 2018

The hotel is excellent and I look forward to swimming in the pool once it warms up. Extremely nice gym with like 8 machines, yoga mats, straps and tension bands, The staff was friendly and accommodating. The shampoo and conditioner were too strong smelling, like a man's cologne. The restaurant was decent and very busy, apparently the current talk of the town. i had pizza and a spinach salad. Both were ok but not necessarily anything to write home about. Might be good for meat dishes, but being vegetarian, I wouldn't know. Also, you can watch netflix on the tv in the room, which was nice. Overall very nice spot, consider bringing your own toiletries if you don't want to smell like a man.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business