See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Our stay in this B&B, or I should say, home was simply wonderful. I was touched by Connie & Ric's generosity and hospitality. It was so comfortable, so beautifully decorated, so pleasant, that I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when I am in Redding. The rooms were spotless--the entire house was. The garden cool and inviting. It wasn't a stay, it was an experience that I want to enjoy again. Apple's River House is like no other B&B I know.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Extraordinary comfort and quiet can be found at Apples' River House. The 'Apple' part are the hosts, Ric and Connie, not the fruit. But I'm sure they would kindly offer you an apple, if requested. The house is located right next to the River Walk trail...walk out the door and you are practically on the trail. Location is convenient to everything that Redding has to offer, without the freeway noise associated with all of the usual hotel/motel spots. I cannot recommend it enough...!
Tom H., San Francisco, CA

Room Tip: I have stayed in every room...not a bad one to be found!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 12 December 2014

Thank you Connie and Ric for sharing your beautiful home! I was looking for a place that was centralized but not "in the city". They offer a comfortable room, home and surroundings. This B&B met and far exceeded my expectations....I trust you will be pleased as well! Carol-Seattle,WA

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We could only stay one night but will keep Apples River House in mind next time we are in the area. We were attracted to it because of it's location on the paved trail along the Sacramento River, but we were doubly delighted to find such a pleasant B & B and such kind, welcoming hosts. Connie and Rick were helpful suggesting dinner places and making us feel at home.

The grounds are a little slice of heaven, many water features and cozy little shady spots with comfy seating to relax with a glass of wine in the soft warm night. I think we tried them all. Many fun touches of lighting and a playful tiki sculpture. The honeysuckle hedge surrounding the property would be wonderful to see in full bloom, just a few blossoms in August.

The room was spacious, contemporary with a touch of craftsman. The bed was super comfortable, great linens and soft, huge, fluffy towels. We slept with the windows and balcony door open, the room cooled wonderfully and we were glad not to have stuffy air conditioning. It was fun to have a balcony for a little before bed chat.

In the morning we took a 2 hour walk along the river and came back to a perfect summer breakfast, hot coffee and fresh fruit. Connie suggested eating outside and what a great idea.

A great place, friendly hosts and we miss them already!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a wonderful surprise to discover this lovely home in a pretty section of Redding! We were looking to break up a long drive from CA to Oregon, and on the first leg, we stayed in one of the cookie cutter motels on the east side of town. But on our return trip, we wisely booked with the Apples' and had a much nicer visit to Redding. It can be brutally hot in Redding in July, but our room was cooled with AC in the day, then opened up to the cooling breezes of the river in the evening. The furnishings are comfortable, attractive, and the bed was great. We enjoyed sitting in the nicely landscaped garden in the evening and walking along the river trail the next morning. The hosts are helpful, attentive, and welcoming. We will always book here for any future trip to the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple