“Casual Atmosphere and Great Value”
Review of Love Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Love Sushi
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Love Sushi is conveniently located in a strip mall on Western Avenue in Rancho Palos Verdes. We had dinner there last night for the first time, and we enjoyed the casual atmosphere, attentive service, and generous portions of good quality Japanese food. They provide a free edamame appetizer. Nice touch. We had a California Roll for a second appetizer; it was way above average and tasted very fresh. Both of us had Salmon Teriyaki dinners which came with exceptionally good white rice, two pieces of well-prepared salmon, and quite a large dinner salad on the side with a delicious dressing with a slight mustard flavor. The rice was perhaps some of the best I've ever had, and I could just about live on white rice and soy sauce. (My pick for heaven if there is only one thing I could eat there.) The salad dressing was a pleasant, delicious surprise, as generally dressings at Japanese restaurant are pretty yucky. The amount of food that you get at Love Sushi is very generous. We took half of our salmon home: dinner tonight.
The only drawback to this restaurant was that it was a bit noisy because of the combined noise from television and rock music.
Back to the upside, the help made you feel welcome and that they valued your business and satisfaction with your meal. Quite a nice mix of people were there, including a lot of locals and families with small children. All in all it was a delightful time. I would go back for the white rice alone. The large portions are a big bonus.