4,336 results
All reviews spa pool catalina island ocean view catalina kitchen family pool beautiful property main pool business conference the main hotel southern california lobby bar los angeles fire pit four seasons fitness center sea beans self parking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What prevented me from giving 5 stars for my overall rating was the stressful checkin experience. Additionally, this isn’t serious but the eggs for breakfast were terrible. Everything else during my stay was great.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A wonderful location on a private stretch of bluffs with fantastic views. The cost of staying here is extremely HIGH, compared to some of the neighboring spots that are also enjoyable. Not all rooms are ideal and have breath taking views. There are things to do but it is really built for relaxation. Simply put, this stay will cost you!

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked two rooms for one night and three 90 minute massages to celebrate my mother’s birthday.

Our stay began with a nearly 20 minute wait in line to check-in. After checking in we went to the spa and while two members of our party had a good massage, mine was far from good. A few minutes before the 3:00 appointment time I went to the lounge and sat there until the masseuse cam to retrieve me at 3:13. A good period of the remain 77 minutes was spent smelling various massage oils, folding blankets, placing items in drawers, etc. When all was said and done I had an approximately 50 minute massage of the quality of which was on par with Massage Envy. Had I paid Massage Envy prices I would not be complaining, but sadly I paid 4-5 times more.

Although our original reason for staying at Terranea was to celebrate my mother’s birthday, two nights prior my sister and I were evacuated from her house due to the Woolsey fire. She was stressed about the possibility of her house being destroyed and went to the 9:30 yoga class to relax. I called the front desk, explained the situation, and asked for a 12:00 check-out. I was told unequivocally - no. My sister rushed back from yoga and took a quick shower. While she was in the bathroom, housekeeping stuck an express check out form under the door that clearly reflects 12:00 as the check-out time (see attached). I could not believe my eyes and walked to the front desk to clarify the situation. While standing in line I overheard a male clerk telling another guest that check-out is 12:00, but they are instructed to tell people 11:00 to guests out earlier. We were called forward by a female clerk who grabbed the paper out of my hand and gruffly said ‘’That form is no longer valid. We have changed our policy.” I was speechless.

On a positive note, the food was good and the service was friendly at Bashis.

In sum, the grounds at Terranea are beautiful and it has an excellent view, but there are plenty of beautiful hotels in California that actually deliver quality service. If you are paying a premium you might as well patronize one of the hotels that knows how to treat you right.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KELLIE G
Robert B, Guest Relations Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kellie G.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the resort grounds, excellent views, and dining experience. We hope you will accept our apologies for the service mistakes you encountered. Please know we are committed to delivering exceptional service and amenities for all of our guests. We will share your remarks with our management team for further review. We do hope you will return again as our guest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I still have hope that terranea in the future will again leave that first impression it did for me several years ago.Faster service for repairs etc. in the future will leave me with a better impression.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in the bungalows and the view was absolutely breath-taking. The room was nice and clean. The check-in process was smooth and easy and our representative was very polite and knowledgeable.

We had brunch at Catalina. The food was delicious and Felipe our server was very good. There was not a bad dish at the buffet and the price was well worth it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AshleyTheGr8
Robert B, Guest Relations Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear AshleyTheGr8,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for choosing to stay with us at Terranea. It is our pleasure to serve as your ideal vacation destination in Los Angeles and we are delighted that you enjoyed the Bungalows, catalina kitchen, and the level service by our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back.