“Fried Food Fix!”

Tugboat Fish & Chips
Ranked #11 of 174 Restaurants in Rancho Cordova
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We were in search of authentic English fish and chips when we came across this quaint, retro establishment. This is, apparently, part of a small chain throughout central California to the Bay Area. The menu was surprisingly vast for such a small place, but we were there for fish and chips. My friend, who had lived in England for a time, said the fish & chips was as close to authentic as she has found in the states. We did also get some shrimp and coleslaw, and found everything to be very tasty. The service was friendly and quite speedy. Tugboat Fish & Chips is worth seeking out. I know we'll go back.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Rhonda A

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Love their fish n chips, friendly service with smiles and laughter. Creamy tarter sauce and Thank you

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Try the fish cod and chips with other combinations of your choice. You have a variety of seafood to compliment your fish such as oyster, calamari, scallops, and clams. Also available are side orders of mushrooms, zucchini and cold slaw. Don't forget to ask for a bonus card that you would entitle you for a free order after your 10 purchased combination plate. Not certain what you want; order the "Sampler Plate".

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Zenaida C
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We came her from Oklahoma to run at the Junior Olympics. I saw the restaurant and was like it looks gross, we stopped a couple in the parking lot and they said it was very good, skeptical we just got one plate shared it and the. We order 10 more. I am in the process of getting some for our raid trip now!! Food is good!!!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I can't get enough of this place when I am anywhere near Sacramento, this is a must do side trip for me and my family. Obvious that people come here for the large portions of melt in your mouth fish and chips, but explore the menu, everything we have tried, especially favourite is the calamari. All the food is fresh, and the batter they use , is really batter, not breading. They must make their own tarter sauce as-well, I haven't asked if they sell it or not, but some of the tastiest I have had. Come here hungry, order two or three things and share.

Date of visit: August 2015