“Good barbecue; plenty of it”
Review of Phil's BBQ

Phil's BBQ
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Description: At Phils BBQ we combine the best barbecue, legendary service, and the biggest value to create a fast, casual, and fun experience. Our baby back, beef, and chicken dinners all come with your choice of sides, our most popular are the fresh cut fries and colossal onion rings! The full service bar features the tastiest craft beer in SD and tickers surround the restaurant so you can keep up with all your sports. We also cater! Phil's bbq has been awarded best bbq catering in SD year after year.
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Lots of choices from chicken to pulled pork to ribs, and 3 different size plates to please any appetite. Lots of choices for sides too, so picky eaters can probably be satisfied. There is a large full bar; I will definitely go back, when I don't have to drive, to try some of their craft beers! The only thing I didn't care for, was I didn't know to ask for the sauce on the side...and I prefer dry rub.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Took my Dad for his birthday lunch as he loves bbq., I'd eaten at the San Marcos location and have used Phils for catering event from San Marcos with exceptional results. Sadly Rancho Bernardo was a major fail. There were only half a dozen people there so not sure why our onion rings were ice cold as were pulled pork sandwichs. My Dad refused to let me return rings had he not I'd have let them no. I was so disappointed that they appertaining make up food in advance and let it sit till ordered obviously or it would have been hot and fresh instead of cold and greasy! I say drive to San Marcos, consistently good food. The lay out better, employees friendlier food better. R.B. Has work to do to get it together. Really impersonal, uncaring service.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

On our way home from San Diego and actually by mistake we got off the freeway and found Phil's BBQ! We've been to the one in San Diego, so this was a treat! Of course we went for the ribs with a side of coleslaw and baked beans. The sauce is what is irresistible! It just enhances the beef! Clean, fast service and of course delicious!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

It will take more than one trip to,getnthe hang of Phil's, there is so much to absorb before ordering! Very busy but moves quickly. Didn't wait more than 8-10 minutes for our order to be ready. There were 3 of us ordering 3 entirely different assortment of food. Very good for BBQ on the run, sides were more than 5 trips will,hit them all. Always a place to sit and, there is the option of sitting down and ordering. I was impressed, had plenty to eat and the price seemed right

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Fast and friendly service. Reasonable prices. I ordered the half rack dinner but portions were generous and the quarter rack would have been plenty!

Been to Phil's BBQ? Share your experiences!