“Very filling, Very Tasty; Well Made Fresh Breakfast for a Reasonable Price”

Morning Thunder Cafe
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Quincy
Reviewed 7 June 2016

We tried several breakfast dishes over the long Memorial Day Weekend. The California and the Denver Omelette; The Poppy seed Vanilla French Toast, the Breakfast Burrito; and the Biscuits and Gravy. Everything was delicious and the service was great as well.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

sorry, I found the joint to be overpriced and overrated. Nice spot, wasted. I'm aware of the multiple changes of hands over the years, and the plate-sixed biscuits. Not good enough to live on laurels of the work done in the past.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my two-egg and bacon breakfast at Morning Thunder. Lots of locals seem to choose this comfortable spot, too. Generous portions and plenty of good coffee. My husband raved about the chicken-fried steak. I recommend the homemade muffins--cranberry walnut crunch the day I visited.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick breakfast, eggs, potatoes, toast. Breakfast was well sized, coffee was good and plentiful. Service was quick and friendly. Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The restaurant was almost empty at 9am when we arrived, we were seated quickly and attended to promptly. I had my usual omelet which was very good, lots of filling and nice fluffy eggs. My veggie companion had oatmeal and was very pleased with a large bowl of home made oatmeal and a bountiful selection of fruits and extras to go with it. Regular and French Roast coffee were offered, I had the French Roast and thought it just OK but Veggie liked the regular coffee. The food arrived quickly and was piping hot, the bill came in good time too. I imagine on a crowded day they might be a little overwhelmed given the large dining area and smallish kitchen, but we were very happy with the service. We will definitely return.