“They were very helpful”
Review of Abalone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Abalone Inn
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I had driven up from Monterey and out to the point when I realized I needed more time in the area. They were recommended as "maybe" dog friendly and after quizzing me about my sweet ten year old dog had me come over to see the room, which was a converted back sun room.

Donna invited me in for a little shared dinner as I was the only guest and we had a nice chat about the property. She showed me through the entire house and if I hadn't had a dog, I would have chosen the front room (northeast corner) which looks over the march (and the road).

The back room on the main floor is on the southeast corner where there is an organic garden.

Access to the hot tub was a nice treat on such a cold night in the winter - it happened to be the solstice!

It is an old house, which lends it that kind of charm.

Wifi, kitchenette, tub, comfortable bed, view of the stars through the back window panes and a comfy chair from which to work online!

In the morning I took a nice walk on a recommended trail (it was frosty!).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Andreeh

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We discovered Abalone Inn about 8 years ago. Since then we've been there at least once a year and sometimes more. Donna is wonderful, our rooms have always been comfortable, breakfast has always been healthful and flavorful, the hot tub exquisite, and our overall experience has kept us going back. In fact, my wife and I will be there again this month (August 2011). We enjoy meeting others, not the sterility of a hotel, but the true comfort of a home. In fact, we have a several friends who have us remove our shoes when we enter their homes. Donna is not doing anything weird, unless you call being friendly weird, as some people apparently do.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

It's ok if you like to stay overnight in wonderful Point Reyes National Park. Inside is a little less elegant and comfortable than you'd expect from outside appearance and professionally made leaflet you find at the visitor centers.
But have a look yourself, take a tour of the room before you book, and judge for yourself whether you can get along with it. :)
PS: all the funny details from the other reviews are true :D

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stopped on impulse as we planned to go to the light house the next day.
Donna offered us the attic room which was fabulous and just right for the two parents and two older children.
We only had one night there but , swould have loved to stay longer. The hot tub was the best experience .
Donna was welcoming and kind and I loved the eclectic mix of books and magazines that we could look at.
Yes, there are a few instructions in the place but there has to be as it is an old house with its quirks . I was more than happy to take my shoes off at the door etc. It made perfect sense.[wooden floors etc]
I would recommend this place as a great place to stay. If you want modern , sanitised accomodation then stay in a modern hotel/motel.
T

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Reserving was easy, Donna was friendly and helpful and generous with her time in helping us plan our activities (biking, dining, and a farmer's market trip). She even shared some organic plums with us which grow all over the grounds. The room was clean, cozy, quiet, and way more charming than your average 4 star hotel. The house is rustic and beautiful and surrounded with daisies, and there's a well-stocked library with board games, DVDs, & all the tea and sherry you can drink. Abalone Inn has the feel of a well-kept posada (Latin American guesthouse) or an eco-lodge off the beaten track. We'll go back to point reyes just to stay here again, and we'll send our friends too!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4.4 km away
Point Reyes Hostel
Point Reyes Hostel
#1 of 1 in Point Reyes National Seashore

Been to Abalone Inn? Share your experiences!