All reviews gold country love history gold rush small kitchenette queen suite downtown placerville parking pass wine tasting apple hill continental breakfast free parking within easy walking distance two nights third floor mini fridge elevator lobby
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here many times before. Only real Hotel in Placerville. Very dated. Plus we are up because of the Music next door. Very loud at 11pm. Don’t stay here if want to to bed before midnight !
Placerville needs another hotel!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank MattD9358
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We loved staying here. Very cool historic building and rooms in a great location (downtown Placerville) w/shops and restaurants in walking distance. Very comfortable bed and pillows, very clean. Our room even had a 2 burner stovetop, fridge, and cupboards w/basic dishes and utensils. Have already recommended it to friends and family.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank maggie303
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Although the staff was very friendly, this hotel could use updating. The building is architecturally and historically interesting, but the furnishings are old and run down, the sheets are pilly, and the whole atmosphere is generally depressing.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love the history of The Historic Carey House and that alone made me want to stay there! I loved everything about it except for the fact that our sheets seemed a little dusty, they were clean but it felt like they changed the sheets and then nobody has been in that room for a long time and dust just kind of collected on top of them. I’m sure if I spoke up they would of gave me fresh ones but I was too tired from coming from a big event and I just wanted to sleep. Otherwise I loved staying there and being inside of The Carey House makes you feel like you stepped back in time!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank K9Lover13
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed the night of the 25th. Room was fine. Clean, comfortable, etc. When I went to check out the morning of the 26th,I took my room keys down to the front desk. As the only patron at the desk I stood in front of the ‘check in person’ who was feverishly texting. He’d glance at me, keep texting, glance, keep texting until I asked, “is the text nearly done, or should I come back later?” His reply, “come back later”.
As I stood there, debating my reply, he says, “I’m texting the owners” like that should change the way I feel about being rudely dismissed. With some many places to stay in the area, I see no value in supporting places that don’t put any emphasis on customer service.

Date of stay: August 2018