See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Left our room and drove home....two hour drive...,rather than stay in that filthy room. The door rails in the bathroom tub were black...I wiped with some tissue....,Dead bugs on the floor....Lost our money that we paid, but would rather go home, than sleep there!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank jackie l
Reviewed 3 December 2017

After 17 hours on the road, moderate to heavy rain, pass over the Sierra's blocked with snow, and nothing to eat for 16 hours, I had to backtrack 27 miles to Placerville. It was nearly midnight, and although the town is an interesting, historic, gold mine town, the winding roads once off the highway make navigation difficult and all of a sudden I spotted the Gold Country Inn. It's an older facility, but clean and the bed was comfortable which is all I needed. The McDonald's down the street was all I needed to fill my stomach and I had a very comfortable night's sleep.

The hotel is sort of dated, but clean with many amenities although the TV didn't have the Fox News channel that was shown on their listing.

Still and all, with all things considered I was very pleased with the room and the service I received, as well as the price. If I ever have to spend the night in Placerville again that is where I will head.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank J R W
GCI13321340, Manager at Gold Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you for your Review.

Thanks

Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Linens and bathroom were clean, but everything else needed attention. Drapes were filthy and falling off their rail, furniture very worn looking. There was a noisy refrigerator in the room, but it wasn't cold, and so stinky I can't imagine anyone willing to use it.
We were told there was wifi, but it only worked in the motel office. TV very limited.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are on the south side
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique R
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I was satisfied with the room in that it was clean and bed was comfy. the next night I stayed at the best western and for the little difference in price the BW was WONDERFUL. the Gold Country room did not have a coffee maker, TV was analog, and just frugal. owners don't get it that a little bit makes a difference.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ljhomer
GCI13321340, Manager at Gold Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear, Ijhomer

we are in process of changing our TV's in near Future.Improving Property is always been a priority.
Thank you for Review and suggetion.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The motel is old and not well maintained. There were Dirty Linens on the bed, the toilet and bath/shower cramped. Refrigerator is in the room.... older TV. Bed was marginally comfortable. Heater worked good. Coffee available free at 7AM.

Give this place a pass..... $100 a night is too much for this poor quality