“Interesting character and items, not for the overly sensitive”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sierra Consignment Co.
Ranked #10 of 11 Shopping in Placerville
Reviewed 17 December 2017

The owner is a character who has owned this and a similar business for over 30 years. It's consignment, so he is mostly protecting other people's property. He does rub many people the wrong way, but if you are straightforward and joke, he is likely to be chill. In terms of the person who was yelled at after her son was threatened, be aware that this kid threw clothing all over the back of the store, which is essentially a tantrum, and a verbal threat means the kid was lucky he didn't end up in county jail instead. So don't be a "Becky" who prefers Folsom, and expect first class treatment in a Hang Town thrift shop.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank maryeg31

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

While the proprietor largely ignored our family as we browsed because he was engaged in inappropriate conversation at the counter, he was clearly aware of us. As we were leaving, he told our son to go retrieve an item he'd been looking at in the back room. Confused at first, we compliedbefore we realized he was accusing my son of changing the item's location. It was mistaken identity (other family members were present when my son located the item). Not really a big deal, but the demeanor was accusatory and abusive. Regardless of my son's role, the proprietor handled this very poorly. He could have simply explained why placement was important and asked politely. Seeing the other reviews, this behavior is less surprising. Nevertheless, I will not reenter a shop where someone has erroneously attempted to discipline my child right in front of me. There are too many placerville alternatives with delightful proprietors!

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank frogtaco
Reviewed 27 December 2015

I'm a woman of color (part Filipino) went here w my daughters to look around and to visit the shops of Placerville. The whole time we we were there, he followed us around the store, like we were going to steal. Never once asked us if we were looking for anything in particular then 20 minutes later, he tells my 13 and 10 yo daughters to "get out.. you're not buying anything anyways!! " so hurt and stunned. How is this allowed? Why is Placerville letting this pig have a business? I felt like we were discriminated against since he asked several Caucasians if they needed help with anything. But gave us the stink eye and followed us around. This man is crazy and strongly suspect he is racists. Avoid this place...

Date of experience: December 2015
5  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Andy the owner is mean spirited, my son and his two friends teens walked into his store he began swearing at them and threatened to hit them if they touched anything. I went to his store to ask him about what happened and he began swearing at me a 56 year old women.. He really is in the wrong business.

Date of experience: June 2015