“Great cinnamon buns”

Old West Cinnamon Rolls
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Old West Cinnamon Rolls Bakery has been a family-owned business since 1980. We still do county fairs throughout the western states. We now have our website up and running so you can order rolls to be shipped anywhere in the US. oldwestcinnamonrolls.com
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Great cinnamon buns. No need to go to the county fair for great cinnamon buns. Close to highway 101 and makes a good rest stop traveling on the highway.

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We heard so many good things about this place so we were really excited to try an original cinnamon roll. We came at about 4:00pm. The roll was hard and not sweet at all. My mistake was that I didn't complain that day. I figured all the batches would be the same. I came back 2 days later to tell them about my experience and order a couple of coffees. In all fairness, their coffee is good. There is also free wifi. Because of the coffee and the wifi, I give this place a 3. I was hoping that they would have replaced my roll. It just didn't work out. They said that they couldn't replace the roll without the original product. But, my question is what would they have replaced it with except with the same product which is batched baked and held in boxes for later service because the place is admitted slow from Tuesdays to Thursdays.

Date of visit: September 2017
at861dolliver, Manager at Old West Cinnamon Rolls, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hello Nancy P.
I apologize for your dry cinnamon roll. I wanted to let you know that we bake rolls throughout the day (as needed). We are slower on weekdays when the tourists leave, that's true. If you do decide to give us another go, please do let the cashier know that you would like the softest, juiciest cinnamon roll they can find. We are happy to have you choose the roll that looks best to you. Some people like less or more sugar or cinnamon and since they are all hand made, the amounts do vary on the rolls. I can't imagine why the roll was not sweet at all..... Also, it sounds like your roll was not warmed for you? Sometimes there can be a miscommunication about to-go or for here orders. When they are for here, we offer to warm them for you but occasionally we miss one. When the rolls cool, the sugar recrystallizes and the roll hardens. When warmed, they soften back up! RE: our return/replace policy, we like to see the returned product so we can try to address the reason that it was returned. This has always been our policy. FYI- we bake either pans of 9 or 30 pans so most likely, there would have been several other batches to choose from, if you would have brought your roll back up for replacement that day or called, we would have addressed the situation differently. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback-

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

have been here before in the cinnamon rolls are still awesome. It is hard to leave this place without taking too many rolls with you. It's all good buttery moist lots of nuts raisins all those things that make cinnamon rolls great. Something you just have to try.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Variety of the different rolls was amazing and the ample size of the rolls was very satisfying, one of Pismo's must stop locations, friendly and quick service

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My main problem with this place is the hospitality. After 3:00 pm the bathrooms are not open to its guests. Having children at the time I figured I could be some rolls and use the facilities. Staff said they were not aloud to let them. A year later my kids convince me to stop this time they were broken. Fast forward 4 years later I'm at Farmers Market I think I'll treat my guests to a roll. Again, The attendant said "Sorry you'll have to find a public restroom." Shame on you!!!!

Hello Grace L
I apologize that you weren't happy with your visit to Old West (3 times!) We do start cleaning the lobby after 3 on weekdays but we do not close the bathrooms until 5. With the chairs being stacked it may appear to be closed down but 5 is our set time (as to NOT inconvenience our customers) for closing that area. I cannot excuse the bathrooms being "broken" since we can only address that when it happens. Sometimes it can't be helped. When we clean the bathrooms (after 5) we use chemicals and the floors are wet and not safe for our customers and of course, their children. We are lucky that there is a public restroom about 50 yards away- across the street. I'm sorry for the inconvenience for your family.