“Yum!! Best cinnamon rolls in the west!!”

Old West Cinnamon Rolls
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Old West Cinnamon Rolls Bakery has been a family-owned business since 1980. We still do county fairs throughout the western states. We now have our website up and running so you can order rolls to be shipped anywhere in the US. oldwestcinnamonrolls.com
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

This is a stop we make every trip to Pismo Beach! Delicious!! There often is a line but it's worth the wait! Start with the original- you can't go wrong!

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 6 May 2016

We had been on a road trip to Paso Robles and decided to drive over to visit Pismo Beach and try their famous Old West Cinnamon Rolls I had heard so much about for years. We arrived around 11AM, and found no lines, and walked right up to the bakery display of a variety of cinnamon roll options. My husband tried the original with cream cheese topping and I tried the walnut raisin, topped cinnamon roll without the cream cheese topping. We asked to have them warmed, and then found a seat. Definitely needed a knife and fork to eat, as they are big, sticky and the outer edges dry/hard. The inside of the cinnamon rolls are basically the same, it is the topping that changes - pecan topped, walnut topped, crunchy topped, original plain, etc. You can order cream cheese topping for any of the cinnamon rolls. We were both disappointed in the doughy texture of the cinnamon roll, and found that the dough was lacking the traditional cinnamon/sugar swirl found in a cinnamon roll, basically just a bread texture. The walnut/raisin topping was generous and overly sugary. If you have ever enjoyed a cinnamon roll from "Cinnabon", you will be disappointed in these. These are edible, a load of calories, but nothing special.
I would not drive this distance for an Old West Cinnamon Roll ever again.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 3 May 2016

These are the best rolls ever! We went here and there was a line, but not as long as I hear it could have been. I got 2, the raisin walnut and crunchy top one, both with cream cheese frosting. My husband got 2
walnut cinnamon with frosting. They were huge. I should have stuck with the raisin walnut because it was to die for. Oh my gash it was so good. We couldn't finish only half oh one. So we had more for later and the day we eat the other rolls in 2 seating's. We will have to come back again when we drive up the coast.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Can't go wrong with any of the cinnamon choice here! They are always warm, gooey and delicious! The only problem here is choosing one! Solve that problem.... Try one of each!!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

The service was really fast despite the seemingly long line ! There was also a lot of seating . The cinnamon rolls were delicious!