1,132 results
All reviews marisol restaurant ocean view fire pit tide pools hotel restaurant central coast the cliff fitness center restaurant next door avila beach santa barbara hot tub beach access beautiful location long drive parking lot wine tasting
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The room was gorgeous- facing the ocean. Loved sitting out on the balcony to enjoy the view. Felt as if you could reach out and touch the water. We enjoyed taking advantage of room service.
The valet parking and bell service is very nice to have too. In the evenings after the sunset, my husband and I would enjoy a drink and bite in the lounge area.
Pool is heated and we had beautiful weather allowing us to take a dip in the pool during the afternoon.

Room tip: Best view is the front- full ocean view (not overlooking the pool area)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Happy Birthday to your hubby, Amy L! I am so happy that you had a chance to enjoy this amazing area that we call home (staycations are the best!). I love that you took advantage of our entire property and were able to relax and soak it all in. We are honored to have been a small part of the birthday celebration, I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Stayed here for a week over the summer with our 2 children, both under 2 years old. The property was having some construction being done, but we were made aware of this about a month before our stay. The noise & intrusions were very minimal.

The breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious and we enjoyed it each day. The views just steps from your back door are beautiful and the rooms were nice & big. Would definitely come back and stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you, Stephen E ~ I am so happy to hear that your stay was great! We appreciate your patience, and are so glad you were not disturbed by the construction. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Always book an ocean view room. Restaurant, Mirasol on site has an outstanding breakfast buffet. Also, a nice bar overlooking the ocean. Beautiful pool and jucuzzi.

Date of stay: October 2018

Thank you, cwilkecat ~ we appreciate your loyalty and your kind words! Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful weekend at the Cliffs. Everyone is very friendly - you can’t beat the beach access and views. Breakfast add on is a nice option. The hotel itself is a bit on the older side but the rooms have been updated and the location and relaxed atmosphere more than make up for it.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

I'm so happy to hear that you had a lovely weekend, avalladao!
I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The hotel in days past was a excellent place to stay, but not now. First for the price you pay for room is to say the least is not cheap, but that's not the all the problems ,I'm willing to pay for what I expect! And what we got was a motel 8 on steroids. It was our anniversary and wanted a nice peaceful place to relax and enjoy each other after 30 years of bliss. Well this was not the place to stay first we checked in and I wanted to relax kick off my shoes after a 3 hour drive, while laying on our bed my wife was ,out on the balcony I notice something crawling on my neck, I proceeded to slap it and it was a flea. I did not tell my wife ,it was her weekend ,and didn't want to ruin it for her!
The next thing was our room was overlooking the pool and the things that go on at pools should be unsaid. the room was clean other than fleas the room arrangement for a suite is terrible ,the bathroom door blocks the tub shower, you hit your knees on the door while sitting on the "john", I travel a lot and have better room layout in standard motel, so to say the least to me this is no suite just a room with a sofa and a wing back chair. The hotel is dog friendly for a price and there are plenty of them and what they bring with them, stepped in dog crap while walking on grass! Fleas in room!
Then the neighboring room was occupied by under age children ,jumping on beds or something to that affect, screaming and yelling ,having a great time to past 12 pm. wife had to call down to front desk to send somebody up to quiet them down, just not right! My wife at check out talked to manager and they adjusted our bill by 20% but to tell you the truth I would have rather paid the full amount and enjoyed my anniversary
with the one I love. And just a note got home and unpacked my shaving kit and guess what I found a flea and we don't have any animals at our home so must have been a hitchhiker! Just wanted to show this review for what it is !

Room tip: Don't get next to pool, and watch your step on the grass, dog friendly yes!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gadgetman2016
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointing stay, gadgetman2016. I understand your frustration, but especially so as it was your anniversary. If you would be interested in returning to our hotel, please contact me, as we would love another chance to wow you and your wife.
Thank you, Stephanie stephanie@cliffsresort.com