“Dia Feliz Spa-Fantastic”
Review of The Cliffs Resort

The Cliffs Resort
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The Cliffs updated and expanded their Spa and did an amazing job. I loved the amenities including a sauna, relaxation room, locker room and more. My massage was fantastic, relaxing and refreshing. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Annie F ~ thank you for your fabulous review! Elise, now our General Manager, and the staff of diaFeliz Spa have worked hard to create a soothing retreat, with an amazing staff. I am so happy that you are enjoying it to the fullest!
Take care, Stephanie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The Cliff Resort was a wonderful place to stay.
We stayed there with family.
The staff was friendly and great.
Specially the Front desk manager Louie. Bargacia was very helpful and great at his work.
The restaurant Marisol was great too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 946rajata
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

I am glad to hear that you had such a great stay, 946rajata, and that Louie was so helpful! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the new year.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Attended a wedding here 16 years ago and came back this weekend on a last minute getaway and this place has only gotten better. My kids loved the beach access, pool, restaurant, room was lovely.
From the moment we pulled up the service and atmosphere was so hospitable. Cant wait to come back again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Welcome back, Jesse T ~ I am so happy you had a great stay with your family! It is wonderful to hear that you were well taken care of. Please don't wait so long for your next visit, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

My family and I cannot thank The Cliffs Resort enough for opening their hotel up to the evacuees of the Thomas Fire. We booked four rooms for our family and all our pets. All of the staff was OUTSTANDING. They worked with us to help get my grandmother in a handicapped accessible room. They made us feel welcome, safe, and valued. They were comforting, friendly, and outgoing. Everyone including the valets and restaurant staff were just amazing. I wish I could remember the names of the women who checked us in, they were wonderful! The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We were on the first floor and it was so perfect to be able to go out our sliding door to take our dog for a walk. He loved the lawns and the beach. It was the perfect hotel to stay at for four nights with a pet. We cannot thank The Cliffs enough for truly being our home away from home during this challenging time.

Room Tip: If you have a pet the first floor is fantastic with its sliding doors. The higher rooms have a beaut...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tania P
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Tania P ~ I'm so sorry for everything you are going through, I am happy that we could be a small beacon in this time. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back under better circumstances for a relaxing stay in the future. Our thoughts are with you and your family, stay safe.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We trek down here from Silicon Valley almost every year as we love this hotel but sadly this time, we didn’t feel the love! There was a hiccup with the room offered on TripAdvisor compared to the room we were actually assigned. I understand that happens especially during holiday season and the evening Manager, Louie, couldn’t have been more kind assuring us of resolution the next morning but the morning shift manager did not take care of us as promised and gave us the option to leave or pay a lot more for an additional room....!
Even this would have been tolerable except the room he gave us had a fan filter that was so grim I didn’t dare use the A/C. The bathroom sink was cracked in 2 places, the door did not close properly, the TV was half the size. There were foam pillows on the not so comfortable bed and the shutter had 2 broken slats. I just felt fed up and ripped off after spending so much time out of my precious vacation at the front desk 2 days in a row to end up with such a tired room that clearly needed attention. And they were not sold out of rooms because I checked online when searching for an alternative for the rest of the stay. Then to top it all off, the room keys stopped working- all of them and it’s no fun waiting in line at the front desk again for keys to be reset. I had to prove they didn’t work! So - dear travelers, be sure to check your booking confirmation with a fine toothed comb and remind yourselves you are paying for the location.
Also beware of the overpriced thanksgiving lunch at Marisol. Their daily food and service is really very good but the thanksgiving buffet did not live up to the price. But the sunset was glorious!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms can be noisy and can have a strong seaweed odor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Sadanglo ~ I am so sorry that this stay did not live up to what you have come to expect from us at The Cliffs. I am happy that Louie was so eager to help, but I'm not sure what happened the next morning. If you can contact me stephanie@cliffsresort.com with the name your reservation was under, I would be happy to look into what happened, and if you would like, help with a future reservation. We greatly appreciate our guests, and especially our return guests, and we would certainly like to restore the love! I look forward to hearing from you.