Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$234
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)
US$287
US$223
Official Hotel
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$201
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

Ocean Palms Motel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$223
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$201
US$178
US$166
US$162
Sandcastle Hotel on the Beach(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$224
Hotels.com
1,081 results
All reviewsmarisol restaurantocean viewfire pittide poolshotel restaurantcentral coastthe cliffupon checkrestaurant next doorhot tubcal polyfirst flooravila beachsanta barbarabeach accesslong driveparking lot
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We trek down here from Silicon Valley almost every year as we love this hotel but sadly this time, we didn’t feel the love! There was a hiccup with the room offered on TripAdvisor compared to the room we were actually assigned. I understand that happens especially during holiday season and the evening Manager, Louie, couldn’t have been more kind assuring us of resolution the next morning but the morning shift manager did not take care of us as promised and gave us the option to leave or pay a lot more for an additional room....!
Even this would have been tolerable except the room he gave us had a fan filter that was so grim I didn’t dare use the A/C. The bathroom sink was cracked in 2 places, the door did not close properly, the TV was half the size. There were foam pillows on the not so comfortable bed and the shutter had 2 broken slats. I just felt fed up and ripped off after spending so much time out of my precious vacation at the front desk 2 days in a row to end up with such a tired room that clearly needed attention. And they were not sold out of rooms because I checked online when searching for an alternative for the rest of the stay. Then to top it all off, the room keys stopped working- all of them and it’s no fun waiting in line at the front desk again for keys to be reset. I had to prove they didn’t work! So - dear travelers, be sure to check your booking confirmation with a fine toothed comb and remind yourselves you are paying for the location.
Also beware of the overpriced thanksgiving lunch at Marisol. Their daily food and service is really very good but the thanksgiving buffet did not live up to the price. But the sunset was glorious!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms can be noisy and can have a strong seaweed odor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Sadanglo ~ I am so sorry that this stay did not live up to what you have come to expect from us at The Cliffs. I am happy that Louie was so eager to help, but I'm not sure what happened the next morning. If you can contact me stephanie@cliffsresort.com with the name your reservation was under, I would be happy to look into what happened, and if you would like, help with a future reservation. We greatly appreciate our guests, and especially our return guests, and we would certainly like to restore the love! I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

We were just there for one night, but the room was clean and comfortable for the 3 of us. The pool was great for early morning laps as well as playing in the pool with the kids. We liked the walk from the property to the beach. Before we left, we had breakfast in the Marisol restaurant that had a delicious buffet which was priced well - good value. All the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. We appreciated every aspect of our stay here and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for the kind words, ems1369 ~ I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us so thoroughly! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your next stay.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed at the Cliffs over a dozen times in the last few years and we love it. The people are always friendly, never too busy and helpful. The view from most every room can see the ocean. The pool side rooms have the best view for us though. You see the pool, outdoor fire pit, outdoor restaurant patio and of course, the ocean. We love it here. Rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. Beds a great. We’ve tried other places in the same range in Pismo only to be extremely dissatisfied. Try the Cliffs you won’t be sorry.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you, Jim B ~ we appreciate your loyalty, and your recommendation! It has been beautiful lately, I am so happy you were able to take some time out for yourself and enjoy the amazing view! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The room was very relaxing. It was decorated great! It was very clean. The pool was very relaxing. The restaurant was great for happy hour and for buffet breakfast in the morning. The parking was easy. I will be staying at this hotel every time I head to San Luis Obispo. It was much better than any hotel in the SLO area. I have staying in many of the hotels in the area and this will be my choice hotel while my daughter is at college.

Room Tip: Quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Wow, deenasandiego1 ~ thank you for your very complimentary review of your stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself so thoroughly while with us. We are honored that you chose to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back while your daughter is at school, and hopefully beyond that.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We just stayed here for one night, but I wish we had stayed longer. The rooms are very nice even though they are somewhat older than we are used to. The view and the setting make up for whatever drawbacks we found with the room. A fantastic view and the pool is located so as to take full advantage of the view.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you, Howard H ~ it sounds like you took full advantage of the view. We are so fortunate to sit where we do, with amazing ocean views and fabulous sunsets! I hope we have a chance to welcome you for a longer stay next time.